Chapter 15

"Chalexis? Alechace? Chasis? Which do you like the best? I'm not going to lie. I'm still partial to Chalexis. It just rolls off the tongue better. Chalexis...say it with me. Chalexis," Mack said, grinning.

Alexis and Chace were sitting across from Mack, gawking at him.

"Well...I'm not sure any of them are a good idea," Chace answered.

Alexis was still trying to wrap her head around the fact that it was already Friday which meant it was her date night with Chace. She looked over at him. He turned his head to face her and winked, causing her to quickly look away.

"Ahhh...the chemistry between you two is too cute," Mack said. "I could take some pictures and put them on the show's website. I think the female listeners would eat it up. Dr. Reyna, the love guru, snatches herself a sexy psychologist."

"I'm not sure how I feel about you calling me a sexy psychologist," Chace mumbled.

Mack waved a hand at him in dismissal.  "It's not the forties, Chace. I can call you sexy and it's not weird at all."

"Really? Because it feels a little weird to me since you're my boss." Chace laughed. "Besides, we're just going out on one date. It's a bit too premature to try and advertise us as a couple."

"Couple?" Alexis asked in surprise. She wasn't sure what was going on with Mack but she didn't like it. She stood up. "Okay, well this has been fun but playtime is over. Mack, you need to cut the Chalexis crap out or I swear I'll cancel this date."

"What?" Chace asked, clearly not expecting her to say that.

Mack waved his hands in the air. "Hey now, no need to get over excited. I'm just kidding. You know I would never do anything to jeopardize this show or the synergy you two share."

"I don't care, Mack. I agreed to go on a date with Chace but I can just as easily change my mind."

An uncomfortable silence filled the room after Alexis spoke.

"Well, this is awkward. I'll just leave you two alone for a few minutes," Mack said as he gathered his notepad and some pens. He sneaked a glance at Chace and mouthed, "Good luck."

Chace chose to ignore Mack and as soon as he was alone with Alexis, asked, "Is something wrong? I'm sorry if you felt pressured into going out with me. I know the segment had to deal with co-workers dating. If you think it isn't a good idea we can always cancel it."

Alexis listened to Chace give her an out and she frowned. She wished she didn't suffer from verbal diarrhea and hadn't just threatened to cancel her date with him. She really couldn't, even if she wanted to. Her stalker had made sure of that. He wanted her to ask Chace out over the airwaves or he would hurt her friend Ivy.

Alexis hadn't heard from her harasser in a couple of days. It was oddly quiet and for some reason it had made her more apprehensive than usual. She looked at Chace and faked a smile. "No. I'm sorry. I don't want to break our date. It's just Mack is so eager about this couple thing that it just surprised me. I don't like people trying to tell me what to do."

"Don't worry. I'm not trying to rush to be in a relationship with you or anyone for that matter. I'd love to spend some time with you. Maybe get to know you a little better. I think you're an incredible woman and I'm surprised you're still single."

Alexis couldn't help but give a genuine smile. "I could say the same for you."

"That I'm an incredible woman?" Chace laughed. "Since we're done for the day, I guess I'll see you later?"

She nodded. Their show had already ended, giving her thirty minutes to get ready. Earlier, Chace had warned her not to worry about dressing up.

"Are we going to McDonalds? Because that wouldn't be my worst first date."