"Go, sir. Escape while I'll hold him off!"

"Yes, you do that." he said and turned to me.

What a coward! Leaving his men to die while runs away to save his own.

"You're coming with me." he growled and picked me up.

"No! Sesshomaru!" I shouted and looked over towards my husband.

My eyes went wide when I saw two arms. His left arm grew back? But how? Wait! Now's not the time to be thinking about that! I'm being taken again.

"Let me go you coward!" I shouted as I began to squirm in his hold.

"Hold still dammit!" he shouted and tried to knock me out, but I bit into his arm.

He yelped and dropped me. I caught myself and quickly got up. I ran from the leader and almost tripped over a dead panther demon.

"Get back here!" he shouted.

I grabbed a sword from the dead demon's side and turned to face the leader. Maybe I can keep him here long enough before Sesshomaru can reach us.

"Gr, you're such a bother." the leader growled, before running away.

Huh? Wasn't he going to fight me? What a coward!? Didn't he have any manly pride?

I gritted my teeth and ran after him. That bastard was not going to get away. Especially threatening the life of my child.

"Kaori!" I heard Sesshomaru shout.

I ignored it as I chased after the leader.

"I won't let you get away." I told the leader as he was trapped in a corner.

"Funny, those were the same words your father told me, before I killed him." he grinned and my blood began to boil with rage.

I gripped the sword in my hands tighter.

"What? Angry that I killed your father? Well then you know how I feel! That dog general bastard killed my father!" The leader shouted, "He killed him right in front of me and ever since that day I've been planning my revenge, but the bastard's dead!"

"Then why continue on with your revenge? It's pointless." I told him.

"It is not pointless! I will wipe out his legacies. First Sesshomaru and your child, then that half-mutt Inuyasha." he chuckled as an insane look appeared on his face.

"Unfortunetly that won't be happening." Sesshomaru said from behind me.

I turned to see him standing there.

"The only one to die today is you and your clan." Sesshomaru said.

"You're wrong! If I can't take you or your brother down, then at least I'll take your child!" The leader shouted and ran at me.

My eyes widen at the speed he ran at. It was as if time had slown down. First I felt the heat and then the sound of a thump. I heard his screams of pain and then a voice shouting in victory.

Why did the world have to be cruel too me? All I wanted was to live a life of adventure, not this.

"Haha! I did it! Yes!" cheered that annoying voice.

I glared at the jumping creature as Sesshomaru looked down at him with a look of surprise on his face.

How in the hell did Jaken get here? And how in the hell did he take down the leader of the Panther clan with just his stick and fire?

Damn, I owe that imp now. The world was so cruel, but I am grateful. My child and I was saved in the nick of time.

"Jaken." Sesshomaru said as the surprise look on his face went away, "Thank you."

"A-ah! Lord Sesshomaru, there is no need to thank me! I was only protecting your family, as your servant should!" Jaken cried bowing at Sesshomaru's feet.

"It might have been your duty, but thank you, Jaken." I told him and looked at Sesshomaru.

I smiled and ran over to him. I wrapped my arms around him tightly.

"Did you defeat him? Naraku?" I asked him.

"No, Inuyasha and his friends did." Sesshomaru told me as I felt both his arms around me.

"Well it doesn't matter who killed him. As long as he's gone." I told him, "Now how did you get your left arm back?"

I backed off and held his left arm up examining it.

"That's a tale for another day. Let's go." Sesshomaru told me and I nodded my head.

We left the panther hide out and went back to Inu Kimi's palace where she attacked me with a tight hug.

"Oh, I've been so worried about my little grandchild. If something were to happen to it, I wouldn't be able to rub it in how cute it will be to the others." she cried and I let out a sigh.

"Your caring as always, Mother." Sesshomaru said.

"Of course I am." Inu Kimi grinned letting go of me, "Hm? Where are the human children that usually follow you around?"

I looked around not seeing Rin or Kohaku around. Did something happen to them? Were they dead?

"They're not dead are they?" I asked Sesshomaru as tears came to my eyes.

I couldn't lose them! Not after just losing my father!

"No they are not." Sesshomaru told me, "Kohaku went his own way and Rin will be living in a human village from now on."

I nodded my head. At least they were alive and safe. Well Rin was, I wasn't sure about Kohaku, but he was a strong boy. He could take care of himself.

"I see. I'd like to see Rin, if you wouldn't mind." I told Sesshomaru and he nodded his head.

"Not today. You need your rest." Inu Kimi told me, "Now off to bed you go."

I was taken to my room. As I laid in my bed Sesshomaru walked in and got laid behind me. He wrapped his around me and placed my hands over his.

"I love you." I told him.

"I love you too." he told me and I smiled falling asleep.