Chapter 14

I have been back in feudal Japan for a week now. All has returned to normal, well sort of. Sesshomaru has actually started to have small conversations with me. Even during my training. It was odd. But I liked having conversations with him. It was also helpful, because I had many questions dealing with being a demon. Like healing, food, pain, strength, etc.

"What does mate mean? I keep hearing it." I told him, "And don't tell me that you'll explain later, like last time. I need to know these things."

Sesshomaru had an emotionless look on his face as he looked down at me as we sat under a tree taking a small break from training.

"It's best that you wait. It is not the time for you to learn about that yet." he said and I let out a growl crossing my arms over my chest while glaring at him.

"I'm not a kid you know." I told him pouting.

He raised an eyebrow with a small amused smirk on his face.

"Really?" he asked, "You are pouting like one."

I looked away from him and let out a huff. He was right, I was acting like a kid, but that's because he is treating me like one!

"Quit treating me like one then." I muttered, "How bad can it be for me to know what mate means? You said it yourself that I was yours. Does that mean servant or something?"

(AN: I know it may seem like a obvious thing to know what mate means, but Kaori isn't really thinking about that kind of things.)

"It's not bad." he said, "It's just not the right time to for you to know yet and no, it does not mean servant."

I looked at him and grinned as I thought of an idea.

"Maybe I can find Inuyasha. I'm sure he can tell me, or that perverted monk traveling with him! I bet he can tell me!" I said with a smile on my face as I saw him getting annoyed.

"You will not." he sighed closing his eyes, "Now begin your training. When I return we will have a match. If you win, I will tell you. If I win, I won't, and you will not bother me about it anymore."

I blinked as he stood up.

"Where are you going?" I asked him.

"It is none of your concern. I will be back tomorrow." he said and floated away on his cloud.

I let out a sigh and stood up. I got out my sword and began to train by attacking some trees. I imagine they were Sesshomaru.

"Bastard!" I shouted cutting a tree in half, "I am not a child!"

I strike another and another, for many hours. As I struck the hundredth tree my sword went half way through it. I let out a growl and began to claw at the tree as I grew angrier.

"Why must you treat me like a kid!" I growled pulling my sword out of it.

"Hehehehehe. What do my eyes see?" I heard someone ask from behind me.

I turned around pointing my sword at them.

"Geh! My apologize, my Lady! I did not mean to sneak up on you!" the snake like human demon cried out dropping to his knees and hands.

"S-Sorry, I wasn't expecting you to pop up like that." I told him, "Can I help you?"

The demon nodded his head standing up.

"Yes, I am looking for someone like you. Though, I am sure you'd do just fine." he said.

"Do fine with what?" I asked him.

"Oh, I need someone with a nose like yours to find something for me." he said, "It's nothing bad, just a sword that I had lost not long ago in a cave."

"A cave? Where at?" I asked him.