Chapter 1

**Alexis' POV**

I honestly hate moving but I guess there's nothing I can do about it considering my dads job requires moving a whole lot.
Don't get me wrong,moving is quite cool because you get to see the world at different angles and all that but that's just it to me. I just hate the 'are you new here?' question and the 'she's the new kid in class ' statement. It's just annoying if you ask me.

"Alexis! " mom called out snapping me back to reality

"I'm almost done mom, just a sec "

I glanced in the mirror one last time making sure that I looked presentable. Satisfied with my reflection I quickly grabbed my phone and bag pack and hurried downstairs to the kitchen where mom was fixing breakfast.

"Morning mom"

"well good morning to y__ woah!"she stopped the moment she saw me.
"I must say you look different today "she finished

"how different if I may ask? "

"Like different-different, " she said and we both laughed.she continued,
"am kidding honey you look beautiful. "

"mom!" I said feeling the heat rising to my cheeks.

"Oow my baby's blushing "she laughed and I felt my face get a darker shade of red if that's even possible
"alright honey hurry up eating you wouldn't wanna be late on your first day now would you" she said placing her apron in place and leaving the kitchen.

I quickly ate my breakfast dreading the thought of really being late on my first day. I'm always on time for anything and that's why I was given the name 'miss punctuality ' at my former school. I hated the name and as if that wasn't enough it spread so quickly to the point where some of my teachers started calling me by it _ so annoying.
I put an apple and some orange juice in my bag pack for lunch and left the kitchen

"mom we can go now!" I called out already outside the door and standing by her car. She finally came out looking stunning as always and it got me wondering how she managed to look that gorgeous at 42.

"let's go honey "she said and we both got in the car and fastening our seat belts almost at the same time which took me back to when she first let me sit in the passengers seat _she can be so dramatic at times.

The ride to school was silent but not the weird kind of silence and in no time we reached the school I was going to be attending _well till when dad decides we should shift.

"you are ready?" mom asked me.

"let's do this!" I said and she laughed.

We went direct to the classroom principal Franklin showed mom the day she came in search for my school place and the moment we reached the closed door the siren went off indicating the beginning of class.

"All the best honey. Dad is picking you up after school I have some meetings to attend.I love you and please make some friends at least one or two " she said the last part laughing.

"okay mom ,bye now " I replied in more of a dismissive tone.

Well I guess it's time. I raised my hand slowly and knocked on the door softly _here goes nothing.

**Authors note **
Hey guys!!!
Thank you so much for reading.please vote and comment so that I know what you guys think. I'm open to positive criticism so feel free to tell me what's on your mind 💞 next update soon!