Disclaimer + Challenge

DO NOT COPY OR TAKE ANY PIECES FROM PURPLE TO PASS OFF AS YOUR OWN IN YOUR OWN VERSION.
PLAGIARISM IS NOT IT, HUN.
IF ANY SIMILARITIES ARE SEEN OR IF PURPLE IS POSTED SOMEWHERE ELSE, PLEASE MESSAGE ME.

I have read The Darkest Minds and I have seen the movie. I will be mixing both the movie and the book in this story, so just a heads up.

I know in the book Chubs is a Blue. In the movie, he's a Green.

I know Zu has way shorter hair in the book compared to the movie.

I know it's Black Betty in the book and in the movie it's Blue Betty.

Believe me, I know. As I mentioned, I'm going to be mixing the book and the movie in this story, so bear with me.

Cover PSDs used by legilia on DeviantArt.

3/26/2019 UPDATE
I will be rewriting this story so there's more book than movie, but there will still be a mixture in the story. Because there will be book pieces, I'm taking what was written by Alexandra Bracken and giving her credit, although I will be changing some things to fit.

6/12/20 UPDATE
I will be editing the story to fix any mistakes and probably change a few things...and add a few more chapters and maybe an alternate ending.

11/11/20 UPDATE
While Miracles isn't a direct sequel, it's an alternate version of Purple. It also contains an alternate ending if you're interested ;)

5/14/21 UPDATE
I made a public Spotify playlist of the songs in the next chapter if you're interested to add into your collection :)

§§§

When I was writing, an idea came to me: I should add the song titles to the story. So, that's what I did. Every song that's in the Playlist chapter is in every chapter of the story, including the epilogue. There might be a few songs repeated throughout the whole story, but that's only because it's such an ordinary word it could be used all over.

So, I have a challenge for all of you! Whoever can find the song title(s) within any of the chapters, I'll have the chapter dedicated to you.

How it will work:
1. Only the first person to get it correct will have the chapter dedicated
2. It's one person per chapter
3. You can only have one chapter dedicated to you, so don't comment on another chapter to get another dedication or just because you wanted to
4. All you have to do is comment down the song found in the chapter you want to be dedicated to you
- Make an inline comment with the song found
5. Songs already found from the playlist are listed

Good luck!

The challenge will end when all chapters are dedicated to someone.