"Close the shades!" He yelled right before he closed the door.

"Oops" I muttered under my breath.

************

Shawn's POV {at the funeral}

For Ali's parents funeral, she asked me, my parents, and Aaliyah to speak. Anyone who wants to speak can, but she wanted everyone to hear what we have to say about her parents.

Allison clung to me the whole time. Her fingernails digging into the back of my hand. I tried to focus less on me and more on her. To me, this was like loosing an aunt and uncle. But to her, it hurt way more. Ali didn't always have the best relationship with her parents. But I know she regrets every single argument, now that she'll never talk to them again.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my mom wiping away her tears.

Allison and my mom crying? This is the worst day of my life. It hurts to see my angel cry. But it hurts even more to see my mom cry.

They placed the urns in the graves. I felt Ali's whole body shake. I didn't want to risk looking at her, knowing already that she was crying.

When they had people speak, Ali went first.

I gave her hand a reassuring squeeze before she got up to talk.

"Hi, I'm Allison, for those who don't know me. I'm the daughter of Beth and Jack Jones." She took a deep breath.

I could see her hands shaking from here. From public speaking or her parents death, I wasn't sure. I saw her glance towards me. I gave a small smile.

"I didn't have the best relationship with my parents. They were gone all the time and we argued a lot. What teenager doesn't argue with her parents? But now that they're gone, it seems too quiet, too empty. Not just in my house. But everywhere I go. Everywhere that they went. I don't really know what to say....they were good people, good parents, they raised me right? I love them so much and I wish I could have one more goodbye. Thank you all for coming today, I'm glad that all of my parents' friends could come here to celebrate their wonderful life." Ali brushed away a tear, gave the crowd a nod, and walked back towards me.

Ali leaned on my shoulder and I placed my arm around her shoulders.

"Good job Angel. I'm proud of you for going up there." I gave her a kiss on the forehead.

She just sighed and grabbed my hands. Folding her tiny hands into my large ones. We both looked up when her mom's parents introduced themselves.

After their speech, Mr. Jones' parents talked. Then it was my turn.

"I knew them like their were my own parents. I grew up with Allison, she's my better half." The crowd awwwwed and I saw Ali blush.

"Allison is a beautiful, kind woman just like her mother. And she's also stubborn and committed like her father. Mr and Mrs Jones were very good people, I love them as much as I love my own family. I know that their memory will never fade. I miss them so much already, rest in peace Uncle Jack and Aunt Beth."

Careful not to trip, I walked back to my seat next to Allison.

When I sat down, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Ali put a hand on my arm.

No words needed to be said. We both half heartedly smiled at each other. But the pain in Ali's eyes stood out like a sore thumb.

My parents spoke, then Aaliyah.

"I love my Uncle Jack and Aunt Beth as much as I love Allison, and Shawn, and my mom, and my dad. I hope they go to heaven with all the other angels."

Ali smiled when Aaliyah finished her little speech. I have to admit it was kinda cute.

********

Allison's POV {after funeral}

"Shawn?" I asked, as we walked aimlessly around the cemetery.

"Yes, Angel?"

"I think I need some alone time. I'll meet you back at the house tonight?" I said shyly.

Shawn stopped walking and turned towards me.

"Of course. But remember I'll always be here for you. I'll meet you at the house in an hour? Do want me to come pick you up? It might be a long walk." Shawn placed a warm, gently hand on my hip. Drawing me closer to him.

I leaned my face into his chest.

"Yeah I'll call you when I'm ready for you to pick me up." I could feel tears coming already.

This whole time, I've kept the tears in. Except that first day. But since then, I have controlled myself and not cried in front of Shawn. I knew it hurt him to see me so upset.

Shawn carefully tipped my chin up with his finger. I felt his warm lips on mine and it instantly felt familiar and calming. His hand went from cupping my cheek, to my shoulder, then to my mid-back. I felt butterflies and my heart sped up.

"I love you Allison." Shawn said when we both pulled away. He was using my full name, instead of Ali or Angel. That was how I knew he really loved me for me.

We walked away from each other as I cried. Cried for the loss of my parents.