Chapter 2

Shadow's p.o.v.

I woke up to the bright light of the sun shining through my window. 'Today's the day.' I got out of bed and went into the living room. I immediately felt a presence brush up against my arm giving me chills down my spine. 'The presence feels stronger. Maybe that legend is true.' And just like that, it's in a different part of the house. 'I should meet up with Rouge to see what the plan for today is.' I walk out of the house and the presence followed me outside. 'Maybe, the presence wants something from me and thats why it follows me everywhere?'

"Hey Shadow." said Amy coming up to me followed by Knuckles, Blaze, Silver, Tails and his girlfriend Cream.

"What do you want?"

"Is that any way to talk to your friends Shadow?" said Cream

"For the last time, we are acquaintances. My only real friend is Rouge and you all know that."

"Ouch! That's gonna sting." said Rouge coming up to us with her seductive smile

"Nice to see you too Rouge."

"Likewise."

"How are two so friendly anyway?" asked Silver

"Like I said we are true friends and all of you just hang around us." At that moment I feel the presence brush up my arm again in a friendly sort of way. 'Is it asking me if we are friends?'

"Shadow? Shaaadowww?" said Knuckles waving his hand over my face

"Huh!?" I snapped back into realty

"Did you hear what Tails just said?"

"Uh..."

"Guess not." said Blaze

"It's not a problem I can repeat it and this time listen." said Tails glaring at me.

"You have my attention now. So, go ahead."

"I have a weegie board that we could use tonight at your house."

"Hold on, what's a weegie board?"

"It's an item that allows us to communicate with ghosts."

"Yeah and since it's Halloween today, it would be the most effective" said Cream holding onto Tails's arm. It moved from my arm to holding my waist. 'Seems a little too friendly today.'

"Well, I would like to talk with the ghost that keeps following me around everywhere I go." It moved off me but stood next to me. 'Did I make it uncomfortable?'

"Let's head to my house to grab the board and then we'll meet you at your house Shadow."

"Fine by me."

When the moon was making its way up to sky, everyone arrives at my house.

"This is perfect time to start putting this into action." said Tails

"Then let's get this board setup." I said excited

"Is it just me or is Shadow excited for something?" I heard Silver whisper to Blaze

"Yeah, it sure is strange." she responded

"You do know I can hear you, right?" I said standing in front of the both of them

"Sorry." they said in unison

"Hmph."

"Everyone gather around so we can get this started." said Tails and we all sat around the coffee table. "Put both hands on the pointer." As soon as we did I felt the presence standing behind me.

"I'll ask the first question." said Tails "Is there a spirit with us today?" The pointer slowly moves towards 'yes'.

"My turn." said Amy "What's your name?" The pointer moves again.

'S-O-N-I-C'.

"Sonic? Is that your name?" asked Silver. 'Yes'.

"Alright, Why are you hear?" Knuckles asked glancing at me. 'I think I already know why Sonic is hear.'

'S-H-A-D-O-W'.

Everyone looks at me

"Why do you want Shadow?" Blaze said looking a little nervous. No response.

"What does Shadow mean to you?" Cream asks. No response.

"Sonic? Are you still here?" said Tails. 'Yes'. "Can you answer our questions?" 'No'.

"Why not?" asked Amy getting annoyed.

'A-L-O-N-E'.

"Alone? Who do you want to be alone with?" Cream asked. The pointer moves quicker.

'S-H-A-D-O-W'.

"Why do you want me?" I said staring at the pointer intently. I felt him brush up against my arm. No response.

"If you really think you can stay with me then I can always get rid of you." The board flys off the table landing on the ground making us stand up. A clatter comes from the kitchen and we turn around to see a pan on the ground.

"I think we made Sonic angry." Tails said getting nervous

"So what if we make him angry. It will only matter if he shows himself to us." Just as I said that all the lights go out, a faint blue glow comes from behind me. I turn around in time to see everyone knocked out and a figure standing before me. I backed away only to land on the coach.

"What do you want." No response

"You can't stay here." From this distance I was able to make out the shape of a hedgehog but that was all. Still no response. The figure disappeared and the lights came back on. As everyone groaned while sitting up I was stuck looking at the spot he was in.

"Shadow? what are you looking at?" Rouge asked

"Um, uh, nothing."

"Okay... I think we should leave." Silver said heading to the door with everyone behind him. After they left I put an arm over my eyes.

"I thought they would never leave." I heard someone say. I jumped from my spot on the coach and looked around.

"Who are you and what are you doing!?"

"Re-lax. It's just me." I turned towards the kitchen to see the same hedgehog standing there.

"It's you!"

"I have a name you know, and it's Sonic." The hedgehog had emerald green eyes that were dull and lifeless. His cobalt blue fur and quills were also faded. He wore red sneakers with a white strap and golden buckle. He had white gloves on with a sock cuff on them. Overall, he didn't look scary at all. In fact he looks kinda cute, wait did I call a ghost cute?!

"What do you want!?" I said getting annoyed

"I want to stay with you and get to know you more."

"Like I said before, you can't stay here and I can get rid you." I crossed my arms over my chest as he put his hands on his hips raising an eye ridge.

"Really? I can stay here as long as I want." 'He'll never leave now.'

I sighed "FINE! You can stay but stay in the house unless I say so."

"Fine by me." I walked to my bed and got comfortable and I felt him stare at me.

"Can you go somewhere else?" I said staring at the wall

"If that's how you want it then I'll stay in a different part of the house." Just like that, I didn't feel him looking at me anymore and I feel asleep.