Chapter 2: Don't Leave

I closed my eyes, figuring there was no use in fighting the inevitable, and waited for the creatures to attack me.

Instead, I felt something rough and wet run up my cheek, sending shivers down my spine and leaving behind what felt like...

Saliva? Did one of them just...lick me?

I opened my eyes slowly to come face-to-face with something absolutely breathtaking. But at the same time, it couldn't possibly be real. No such thing has ever been discovered by science.

But there he was, the most beautiful tiger I've ever laid my eyes on. Deep black stripes crossed over gorgeous blue fur on his face and tuffs of white stuck off his cheeks like a tiny lion's mane. Mystical turquoise eyes stared back into mine with an odd sparkle, like he knew me; like he wasn't going to kill me and then eat me for dinner.

Maybe I'm seeing things?

That can't be a blue tiger, they don't exist.

And what's with that look in his eyes?

A soft but low chuffing sound left the tiger's throat as he moved closer to me, his head brushing against my shoulder before looking into my eyes again. It was like he was asking for something, and though I was freaking out on the inside, I tried my best to figure out what he wanted.

He continued these actions, a sound akin to a whine slipping from his jaws and becoming louder the longer I didn't respond. All I managed to do was get more confused and freaked out by the situation.

What the hell does he even want?

Maybe I'm dreaming?

I should probably pin--

"AHHH!"

A shiver ran up my spine and adrenaline ran feverishly through my bloodstream at the sudden rough and wet thing that ran up my hand. Closing my eyes, I calmed myself a bit before turning to find out who licked me this time. I felt something soft push into my now wet hand as I slowly opened my eyes.

Another feline laid beside me, shorter than the tiger, but still just as beautiful. Fur as gray as a mountain, covered in black rosettes and spots with eyes colored a misty gray-green. Long, fluffy tail swaying back and forth in content as it continued to rub his head into my palm.

Does he want me to... pet him?

Smiling and nodding to myself as the snow leopard almost knocked me over, I began to pet him, causing a low and quiet rumble to emit from his throat like a purr. Peace overtook my mind as I continued to run my fingers through his soft fur, almost completely forgetting about my surroundings, the creatures, and my broken leg.

Another something began to push itself between my arm and side, causing me to laugh. I turned my head only to gain a face full of soft fur, laughing again once I figured out it was the blue tiger. He softly set his chin on top of my head as I began to run my fingers through his beautiful blue fur.

Oddly enough, throughout the whole situation, I wasn't confused at all. It was as if I had known these two all my life. Like I grew up with them.

A few moments later I was almost completely surrounded by the soft fur of seven beautiful animals, each one just as familiar as the last.