Chapter 3

Twiggy's POV

Marilyn, Zim, and I barge into our room. Class has just finished for the day. Today crawled by slowly, it was agonizingly boring. But, that will always be how school works. I go to my trunk of clothes, and pick out clothes to change into after my shower.

Zim and Marilyn both exchange glances from the bathroom door to each other. They both sprint to the door. Both of them have their hands on the knob strangling it until their knuckles turn white. They try to push each other.

"You went first yesterday, M!" Zim shouts as he bumps his boney hip on Marilyn's hip.

"Ow! Your hip is fucking sharp! And, I want to go first!" He shouts back. I sigh and lay on my bunk. This will go on for awhile. This happens every night, I swear. Every night. It gets tiring listening to them grunt, shout, and hit each other for about a week. It starts to cause me a headache after about four minute of this nonsense. I pick up my clothes and shove them aside.

"I'm going first for once!" I shout and make my way inside. I close the door and lock it.

"Fine!" They both say behind the door. I smile, smugly. I skip over to the shower, and toss my clothes into the sink. I switch on the water. It comes rushing down. I begin to strip off my clothes, piece by piece. Afterwards, I dump them into the hamper. I slip my thin fingers under the shower head testing the temperature. I jerk my hand back and adjust the temperature to a more suitable one for me. Once it was a comfortable warmness I step into the narrow shower. I give me some time to warm up from my bare skin before washing myself. Warm water trickles down my body slowly, and it then falls onto the tiled ground. Reaching for the shampoo I damp my dreads. I squish the bottle of its contents onto my damp hand. I lather it onto my scalp then traveling to down my hair until I've covered my whole head of shampoo. I rinse off it and quickly soap the rest of my body. I try to finish up soaping myself so I have more time to think to myself.

I sit on the cold tiled ground. I raise the heat on the water. I then slip into my thoughts. I usually sedate my thoughts during the day since I always have so many, but when I'm alone I let them free.

My mind goes onto one thought to another. My heart then skips a beat when Marilyn comes into mind. Why did my heart skip a beat? I sigh out. The more I think about him and his beautiful face, and his tall skinny structure, and his laugh, and everything... The more I think about him the more my heart throbs. Stop it, Jeordie. Remember, weren't going to like anybody. Wait, do I like him? I bring my knees to my chest, and put my head in my hands. I groan. No, I hate liking anybody. Would I even consider dating him if he asked me? Yes, most definitely. I wouldn't even go there, he wouldn't date me. Even if he was gay, or whatever, but he's straight. Well, that's what he always tell those people who pick on him in class. I finally come to the conclusion to just shut my feelings up, and bury them deep into the depths of myself.

I jump out of the shower. I get dressed into some boxers and comfy pants. I get of the bathroom, and go to my bunk quietly.

"Finally, Twig boy!" Marilyn says which causes my heart to throb from his sweet deep voice. I don't answer, I honestly have had a long day. "What's wrong?" He asks. Before I can even respond Zim interrupts.

"Are you going to go, because if not I'm going!" Zim says, annoyed.

"Yeah," Marilyn walks into the bathroom, and I hear the shower run.

"You okay?" Zim asks me. I wrap my comforter around me. I turn to face the wall.

"Yeah," I mumble. "Just...Just tired." I lie.

"Um, okay. If you ever feel down you can talk to me." He offers. I nod, and he finally leaves me alone. Marilyn comes out and goes over to his bunk. He goes fast asleep, and Zim jumps in and out of the shower. He comes out and goes into his bunk. We lay there in silence. I hear Marilyn's steady breathing showing that he's asleep. I take advantage of this moment.

"Zim?" I call out in a whisper.

"Yeah?" He answers in the same volume.

"You awake?" I ask sheepishly. He hums yes. "Can you come over here? I-I wanna talk."

"Sure, of course." He hops out of the bottom bunk and crawls into mine. We both sit criss-cross across from each other. The dim lamp barely provides any light. I can see the outline of his face and some of his features on his face. "What's wrong?"

"Well, I... Fuck, how do I put this." I sigh out. A frown forms on my face. I hate my feelings so much. "I like Marilyn. Like, like-like." I admit. He blinks a couple of times processing what I just said.

"Okay. So, you have a liking towards Marilyn. I honestly didn't know you're gay. Wait gay, or bisexual, or-?"

"I'm not sure, and I honestly couldnt care less." He chuckles. There's a small silence.

"Look, I'm going to be truthful here. Marilyn is gay himself, but he only says that he isn't so the others will leave him alone." I nod. Well, that's one good thing so far. "He doesn't do very good with relationships. He isn't really the caring type, or loving type anymore." Anymore?

"Anymore?" I ponder. He takes a deep breath. He grabs the blanket with his long, pale fingers, and places it on him. He ignores the question.

"The main thing is that Marilyn isn't really the best guy you could have a

crush on. I recommend you should try to shake off those feelings. I'm sorry." He says. "Goodnight." He tells me and gets up. He goes into his bunk.

"Goodnight." I respond. Yeah, shaking off feelings like this won't be easy for me.