Sonic

Bad Wolf: Return of Gallifrey

Chapter 6: Sonic

By Dame Rose Tyler

AN: OK, so lesson learned. I originally had this story written on a notepad that I used at work when inspiration hit, well needless to say my kids got a hold of it and its a mess. So while I try to sort out that mess I'm at least gonna give you a small filler chapter. Please be kind its gonna take me a few weeks to get back in the swing of this. Inspiration has hit and well it takes a bit to flow right. Aside from that I ask that everyone send well wishes for a speedy recovery to Allison knight On Facebook(My grandmother and fellow writer) She has recently had heart surgery and I just want to make sure she knows that she is well supported!

~*DRT*~

Recap:

"One point for me," Rose exclaimed as she threw her fist up and laughed as she grabbed her coat.

"Can I get a sonic here?"

Rose nodded at the Tardis' response and left, locking the door behind her. Making her way through the crowd she admired the bobs and bits in each stall. The next question was how she was going to pay for her new little trinket when she found it. A sign caught her attention, solve the problem and receive a prize. Rose grinned, simple enough.

*~ON With It~*

Rose walked up to the stall in question smiling at the fact she would have this in the bag. Of course things were never that easy she reasoned and rocked on her feet making sure her shoes were laced tight in case the need to run arose.

"Hello ma'am would you like to answer the question and receive the prize?"

Rose smiled and nodded her head.

"Hit me with your best shot." Rose laughed in her head at the musical pun.

"OK, here's the question, You have two blocks of clay in cube form and the edges are two centimeters. How many spheres with a radius of five centimeters can you make with that amount of clay?"

Rose smiled, she knew it. Simple question, glancing around she noticed with amusement the crowed that had gathered. Apparently not may people tried answer said question. Raising her hand to her check, Rose tapped it pretending to think. After a few moments of reflection and thoughts of how easy this was, she raised her eyes to he vendor in front of her.

"The answer is simple sir, 3 Spheres."

A roar of whispered conversation arose around her. From what Rose heard no one had ever actually attempted to even answer the question. Turning back to the vendor she noticed his shocked state and smiled. Walking up to him she placed his finger under his chin, effectively closing his mouth. Taking her other hand she took her winnings.

"You'll catch flies like that sir."

The man snapped out of his stupor and started going after Rose.

"There is no was you could have known the answer to that, you cheated."

"Cheater me? Never." Rose smiled hoping to convey her sincerity.

This of course irritated the man further, the crowd of course at this point realize he was a crook and tried to tell him so.

"You cheated!"

"I assure you sir I did not cheat." Looking at his stance and the anger she knew she was right to check her shoes first. Laughing Rose turned on her heel and made for her Tardis, shouts of stop and cheater came from behind her. Rose skidded to a stop in front of a vender with sonic tools.

Panting, "Do you happen to have a sonic screwdriver?"

Rose bent over and put her hands on her knees while she caught her breath.

"Actually miss I do, any particular color?"

"They come in different colors? Wow, um, pink if you have it." The vendor smiled and Rose handed him all of her winnings.

"This is too much!" He reached out to hand her back the rest of the money. Rose only smiled and pushed it back at him.

"How can I repay you for this kindness?"

"Tell the man shouting cheater that I headed in a different direction." Rose winked and grabbed the sonic before continuing on to her Tardis. Upon reaching her Tardis, Rose tore the key from her neck and shoved it into the door turning it and disappearing to it as fast as possible. Slowing her pace she walked up the the jump seat and collapsed.

"Well then, now that we've taken care of that." Rose smiled and laughed at the Tardis' purr of amusement. Glancing down at the screwdriver in her hand, Rose smiled. It was silver and a bit slimmer than the Doctors. Due to the fact it came from a later time then the Doctors, Rose was assured that it would open at dead-lock seal. Reaching around to the bottom of the device, Rose pushed the learn and genetic lock button. A flash of light filled the room as the device downloaded Rose's DNA and gave her all the settings it was programed for. Rose entered a setting and programed the Doctors DNA into the device as well. Never could tell when that setting might come in handy.

"Right, time to head to the breach and get back to the home universe."

The Tardis lights flashed in delight as Rose jumped up to the console to begin the de-materialization sequence. After a few moments of being throw about the room, the Tardis materialized in the home vortex with a loud bang. Rose smiled, if the Doctors Tardis didn't notice that she'd be worried.

~8~8~

Ok, I'm gonna end it here. The next chapter will be kind of sad, a little shocking but it ends well. At least once I finish piecing the chapter together. Kids, love them and at the same time want to poke them and tell them to say away from mommy's writing.

~*DRT*~