laserbeam - matt

(This prompt was too cute to pass up as cliche as it is)

The overwhelming sound of blasting and chirping 8bit sounds seemed to echo from every corner of the room. Tokens clanking and tickets rolling out was heard every so often. The neon lights illuminated the whole place, especially the bright red "LAZER FRENZY" sign above you.

"No. Fucking way."

Matt looked at you with such utter disbelief.

"You never went laser tagging before?"

"Nope, never." You shook your head. "I've been here so many times and I've still never tried."

He mustered up a chuckle, "I'm totally gonna beat your ass."

"Oh shut up, with weak ass arms like that I doubt you'll be able to pick up a gun."

Before you knew it the attendants were explaining the rules to you two and the high schoolers in the room strapping on the gear.

"They didn't have field trips to the arcade when I was in school." You grumbled, looking over at the other side of the room. Matt has just picked up his gun.

"[Y/N] this is serious," Matt looked at you with a cold stare. "You know if you die in there you die in real life." He joked, cracking a half smile.

"Cool so I can have Banana right?" You giggled.

Before Matt could say anything witty back, the attendant had left the room and let us inside the play area. Matt's pink shirt gladly lit up in the blacklight like a target.

"You have to be kidding me." He looked at his top and bright white Adidas illuminating himself in the dark.

"Man Banana is gonna be so much happier living with me," You heard Matt about a quick 'HEY!' as you rushed to the other side of the room.

An alarm blared, sounding the start of the game.

It was nerve racking to say the least. The play area was huge. Even with the glowing stars and designs on the floors and walls, it still was hard distinguishing where you've been and where you haven't.

There was the occasional teen that popped up and shot you for time to time.

Man you really did suck.

You saw Matt a couple of times but you couldn't manage to get a hit on him. He kept playing behind a large podium. He can't stay there forever, so you decided to actually have the balls to sneak behind him and shoot him from the back.

He really wasn't shooting anyone by the time you got closer to him. He was probably looking for you, that coward.

You lowered your gun to peer over the pillar. What the fuck? He's not there? Walking behind the barrier was your first mistake. Some shuffling footsteps were heard. You quickly pressed your back against the shitty carpet wall and was met with your target.

"You can't sneak up on me now." Matt's goofy voice mocked your failed attempt at being cool.

You scoffed and taunted him with your gun. "Oh you're so skilled~"

Matt took one step closer and you were faced with him, one inch away. "I really am, thanks for noticing." His grin went from confident to troublesome, he obviously had something on his mind.

"Oh, don't flatter yourself.." your words trailed off as you both continued to look at each other. Your eyes danced across his face, wondering what he was going to do. All the zapping and blasting sounds seemed to lower as you shared that moment there.

Then he took the first move. Planting a kiss on you. A chill ran up your spine as you swear you felt your heart race out of your chest. It was so unexpected, yet, wanted for a long time. It was soft and sweet. Gentle and caring. Just like him...

ZAP

You were so caught in the moment that Matt had his gun aimed at your chest censor. He parted his lips from yours at the sound and devilishly walked backwards and ran without out a word. You stood there absolutely stunned and baffled. All you managed to say was,

"GET BACK HERE ASSHOLE."