"I thought I told you I don't like this stuff." I pointed out, sniffing the nose of the bottle and making a face.

"I thought I taught you how to drink it correctly." Rex pointed out, touching his finger to the bottom of my bottle, ripping the nose toward my lips, which I pursed instantly. Rex sighed wistfully and shrugged, then tipped his head back and drank a huge gulp, making his Adam's Apple bob.

"I suppose you're right," Rex said at last, wiping his mouth on the back of his hand, "I'm giving alcohol to a kid. I shouldn't have expected you to enjoy an adult drink." He went to take the bottle away, but I withdrew, scowling at him.

"Firstly, you can't bait me. That's cheatin'. Secondly, I can drink. I just don't like drinkin' somethin' that tastes like piss." I grumbled, looking at the beer with a sour look. Rex laughed, nuzzling my ear and making me glance at him pointedly.

"I'm not baiting you, sweetheart. Just teasing. Come here, let me teach you again--"

"I'm fine! I can do it myself." I insisted, shrugging him off when he tried to reach over my shoulder. He held his hands up and dropped them on my thighs as I tipped my head back against his chest, pouring a little in my mouth as I resisted the urge to blegh. It was sour and bitter and just gross all at the same time. I made a face, making Rex laugh.

"I like watching you try things." He said, nuzzling me. I blushed and looked away, taking another quick sip of beer to avoid caving into the way Rex's breath felt on my throat. So hot and close. I almost thought he'd cave right there and start kissing on me, but instead, he leaned back on the sofa and took another drink.

Without really paying attention, I took gulps of beer as I watched the cartoons, trying to avoid Rex's teasing. By the time I had finished the bottle, I felt tipsy. Bad idea, I thought with a hiccup, setting the bottle on the coffee table and trying to stand up. My world tilted and I fell back against Rex, sighing heavily as Rex laughed.

"You can't hold your alcohol well." He commented, wrapping his arms around me and kissing me on the temple, brushing my hair back. I tilted my head against his rock hard chest to gaze up at him, raising an eyebrow.

"I didn't drink that much... I think... I wanna go to bed now. I feel weird." I admitted, lolling my head to the side and picking up Rex's hand, studying the way they felt against mine. Rex smiled, lacing his fingers with me, leaning down and kissing the top of my head.

"Of course, sweetheart. I'll carry you to your room. We'll clean up this stuff tomorrow." He answered. I found myself unable to argue as Rex bundled me up in his arms, rising to his feet. Coco looked up sleepily and took our place on the couch, watching Rex carry me. I yawned sleepily, looking up at Rex as he stepped into the hallway and walked to his room.

"Thank you." I murmured suddenly, realizing I hadn't thanked Rex. For anything. Rex blinked and looked down at me, using his foot to open the bedroom door.

"For what?" He asked, stepping into the room. I smiled sleepily and cuddled up closer to him, reaching up and placing my hand on his warm chest.

Mmm, he felt so nice... His muscles were bunched and tense as he held me, his heart beating against his chest.

"For talking to me," I said slowly as Rex settled me down on the bed, sitting beside me as he brushed his fingers through my hair, "For being a pervert. For teaching me how to cook. For being so persistent. For being with me when my apartment burnt down... For everything." Rex smiled lovingly and I felt my heart leap into my throat as he leaned down, kissing me firmly on the forehead and making my breath catch.

"You don't need to thank me, Tristian." He replied softly, then got up and went to shower, leaving me to lay on the bed. I rolled over, watching the bathroom door as the sound of the shower turned on. I felt so dizzy from the alcohol buzzing in my system. It made me smile a little before I reached out, taking Rex's pillow and holding it close, burying my nose against it and inhaling his scent heavily.