CH. 43

It's been 7 months.

Since that night, we haven't bothered with that Warren character, aside from getting some information on him. Sometime between then and now he got locked up for some fucked up offences and then placed in an institution. Motives unknown. Or, at least unknown to you. BEN wouldn't tell you the rest.

Since that night, we wouldn't let a day or night go without searching for Cally. Because of BENs knowledge with computers and technology we had information on her imprisonment that we used to locate her, but a few months after finding that information all activity just stopped. It's not like anyone found out and tightened the security, it's as if anything after her final transfer from point A to point B didn't even happen. And nothing has come up since.

"Aaaaaaare you reeeaady?" BEN asked, sprawling across your lap. BEN knows your laptop is now in his back folds. But BEN does not care.

"Nooooooo," You replied with the same intensity in sillyness. "Still doing some wooork."

"What kind of wooooork?" He asked as he stuck his tongue out. You grabbed his face and squished it into a 'blub-blub' type structure and smiled.

"You know what kind." You replied very, very lightly. You patted his chest with your right hand as you leaned down and planted a peck on his lips. "Do we even have to go with him for this?"

BEN nodded. "What Toby wants, Toby wants. He seemed desperate enough."

You sat back and slumped against Slender man's marvelous new futon and sighed harder than BEN's maturity levels had crashed many, many moons ago.

"He's old enough to go to IHOP alone, I've got things to take care of, BEN." You stated in aggravation. "We've got things to take care of.."

BEN half-smiled at you like something of a crescent moon before taking his right hand and placing it on the side of your face. Holding your face so firmly, he could probably feel how increasingly warm it was getting.

"You can dedicate yourself to something so much only to get the same outcome either way." BEN stated. "Besides, he said he wants to look 'normal', whatever that means. It sounds fun, (y/n), there's food involved!"

You held his hand with both of yours with solemn eyes; you already knew your answer, though he was really good with persuasion.

"If he wants to we can do it another day 'cause I can't do it today," You stated. "but still, in any case you could take Sally in my stead, she'll have so much fun and you know it." You smiled.

As he starts sitting up he screeches with such a pitch louder than Miss Mariah herself, "But I want YOOOOOOOOUUU."

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

So now, you sit in a busy IHOP going through it's lunch rush with two dimwits discussing everything from your guys' missing persons case to what color the flowers outside the food joint was. You weren't paying attention much at all, though. The only thing you could hear so clearly were the dings from the door as people entered and exited the place. It really took you back, way back. Such great memories. She'd be sitting right across from you.

"Have you guys bothered checking the libraries? Those places have a lot of knowledge!" Toby exclaimed. You averted your gaze from the door to him and shook your head.

"No," You started. "I doubt they'd have what we need though." And with that, your eyes right back onto the door.

"I'm sure they'd have newspapers," Toby stated, stabbing his fork into his delicious strawberry waffle. "you know, from that day."

You shot your head back at Toby and held it there; why haven't you thought of the papers? I guess being holed up in a house in the back neck of the woods doesn't do a sleuth much good.

"You got a point!" You sprawl your hands out on the table. "You two, would you like to make another stop after this?"

BEN grabbed the hand closest to him and squeezed tight, and you returned the favor.

"Fuck yeah, I haven't been to a library in years!" BEN exclaimed with excitement clearly in his voice. You smiled wide at him and immediately jumped up and down in your seat.
"Neither have I!"

"Okay but how are we gonna pay for this guys." Toby stares at his plate. His eyes, speaking a thousand unspoken words. Unkind words.

You shook your head and started fiddling around with the pockets to your jeans.
"You knew I'd pay for this didn't you." You stated, frankly. Toby only smiled back at you, with that shit-eating grin you knew too well.

"Gullible-headed-- I should've figured..." You mumbled to yourself as you began checking your duffel bag. You leaned over the side of the booth and rummaged through the bag on the floor to try and check a little more in depth, the wallet full of the money you took from your Aunt Ash should be in here somewhere... you hoped..

As your voyage continued, BEN and Toby were goofing off and flinging bits of food at each other. How you knew? You knew it wasn't a piece of napkin that fell down the back of your pants. Their laughter made the better part of the noise in the building; that was, until the ding of the door interrupted them. The sudden silence concerned you so you sat up and scanned the table and them, squirming in your spot at the potential waffle piece traveling down your pants. You followed their gaze to the front counter and seen a girl, long auburn-ish hair and wearing a pastel rainbow sweater.

You started to feel a little upset, jealousy maybe, that BEN was staring at her so hard.

"What about her?" You turned to him. BEN kept his stare, but replied nonetheless.

"You didn't see her face at all?" He sounded confused. "Wait and pay attention."