Capital: Ottawa

Nickname: O-Town

Human Name: Olivia By

Age: 19 Years Old

Gender: Female

Birthday: September 26th

Brief Historical Background: Philemon Wright, along with a group of settlers from Boston, founded the first non-Indigenous settlement of the Ottawa Valley on March 7, 1800. The resulting timber trade encouraged growth in the region, leading to the founding of a settlement on the south side of the Ottawa River called Bytown on September 26, 1826. Bytown officially became a town on January 1, 1850. Exactly five years later, it officially became a city and was renamed Ottawa. On the last day of 1857, Queen Victoria's proclamation to designate Ottawa as the capital of the Province of Canada went into effect.

Capitalhood: December 31, 1857

Height: 163 cm (5' 4")

Hair Colour: Light Blonde

Eye Colour: Reddish Brown

Notable Traits: She has shoulder-length hair with bangs and a single long hair curl sticking out from the top of her head. She wears red rectangle glasses. She formally wears the Red Serge of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, completing the dress uniform with midnight blue breeches, oxblood riding boots, oxblood gloves, an oxblood Sam Browne belt, and a brown felt campaign hat with a "Montana crease" (pinched symmetrically at the four corners). Other clothing items she likes to wear include dress shirts, sweaters, pencil skirts, blazers, cardigans, scarves and pom-pom toques. She speaks with an Ottawa Valley English accent.

Favourite Foods & Drinks: Beaver Tails, Deep Fried Pancake-Battered Bacon, Egg Rolls, London Broil, Maple Bacon Donuts, Moose Milk (cocktail), Obama Cookies, Ottawa-style Pizza, Queen Elizabeth Cake, Shawarma

Likes: Coin Collecting, Cycling, Ice Skating, Lacrosse, Tulips

Dislikes: Infidelity, Jamaican Patties, Nightclubs, Pennies, Toronto

Personality: Gawky and Moderate. Hard to believe this sheepish oddity of humble origins is the lucky one chosen to represent the political centre of the Great White North. Compared to other popular cities, she honestly doesn't stand out as anything special besides hosting the headquarters of the federal government. That has unfortunately led some disappointed Canadians to call her "the town that fun forgot." In no way does she want to be stuck with that lacklustre assessment, yearning desperately for approval and positive acclaim. Too bad the only thing stopping the capital from reworking her bland reputation is her lack of confidence and readiness to be bold and innovative. The poor Mountie pretty much prefers to play things safe than sorry. Because otherwise, she risks messing up and offending people for being incompetent and inconvenient. She apologizes profusely for her boring qualities. Still, she promises to do an excellent job at keeping order and peace throughout the country, at the very least.

Trivia:
+ Though not the popular choice for Canada's capital, Ottawa was chosen by Queen Victoria for two main reasons: Firstly, its isolated location away from the Canada–US border made it defensible from attack. Secondly, its location was midway between Toronto and Montreal, making it an important political compromise between English-speaking and French-speaking Canadians.
+ Her former flag was a royal purple, red, and blue tricolour. Though flown throughout the 20th century, it wasn't very popular. Henceforth, there was little controversy when she adopted a new flag in 2001 that didn't offend the eyes.
+ One complaint relating to her "boring" reputation is attributed to her poorly-aged and uninspiring modern architecture. While she can appreciate cool and unique-looking architecture, rarely is she inclined to spend big on distinctive designs of her own. The same can be said for other places across Canada, yet Ottawa gets the most flack about it.
+ Besides being the capital of Canada, she's also a city of Ontario. Though they normally get along like brother and sister, they'll sometimes have arguments over who has more power and control in a particular situation.
+ There have been efforts by Ottawa to become strong and "as attractive as possibly could be." To an extent, she takes inspiration from the U.S. capital, aspiring to become "above all the Washington of the North." The idea of becoming a federal district has tickled her fancy, but it isn't a serious consideration at the moment.

~

Feel free to vote and/or comment.