Tickets - Chapter 29

*Katies' POV*

**week later**

"So it's official now?" I asked Louis.

"Yep, me and El are together." he smiled proudly. 

"You two are really cute!" I squealed.

"Not as cute as you and Harry." he winked. Then he whispered to Harry "You just wait till you knock her up mate." 

I blushed a scarlet red and Harry said "I doubt that's gonna happen any time soon."

"Don't act as if you don't have any 'fun' time." Louis snorted, using air quotes.

"Shut up Lou." I growled giving him a death glare. The boys have such dirty minds sometimes it makes me want to be sick. Suddenly my phone rang and I quickly went to answer it.

"Hello?" I chirped into the speaker.

"Hello is this Katie Smith?" A man said on the other side of the phone.

"Yes it is."

"I'm very sorry but I have some bad news for you Katie..." They trailed off. "You mother... She..."

"What's happened?" I asked frantically making the boys' faces flood with concern.

"She got in a car crash. She's been in the hospital for three days and today your mother passed away. So if you'd like to we'll send you tickets to New York, where she will be buried for her funeral."

My eyes grew wide and my throat closed up. I felt the tears form up in my eyes but didn't stop them from falling. Harry wrapped me into a hug and let me sob into his chest. My mum's gone. Part of me wanted to give up on life all together but another part of me wanted to keep going, to make my mum proud after everything we've been through together.

*skipping another week*

"The tickets just came!" Liam yelled.

"How many?" I asked.

"Urm... three." 

"But how will we decide who goes?" I moaned.

"Well I think it's obvious you're going." Zayn laughed. "And Harry here wouldn't let you go on your own." 

"So that leaves one more." Liam stated.

"Well as much as I'd love to, I think it's best if I stay with El." Louis said.

"I understand Lou." I smiled and patted him on the shoulder.

"I think I'll stay with Dani too. That leaves Zayn and Niall." Liam shrugged.

"Rock paper scissors?" Harry suggested.

"How about we just let Niall go? He's much closer to Katie than I am." Zayn said.

"Thank you guys." I said and pulled them all into a group hug. It felt right being with them, it felt like family. More of a family than I ever really had. It felt like they were all my brothers, apart from Harry of course, and I was their older sister taking care of them and having fun with them. I smiled as they all piled onto the sofa, attacking and tickling each other. I smiled at thir childness.

I packed mine and Harry's stuff, while Niall packed his, and went to sleep quite early that night, ready to wake up early in the morning for our flight. But instead of getting a good nights sleep I tossed and turned in bed until I finally fell asleep but ended up having a rather strange dream.

"Katie..." a voice called. "Katie..."

"M-Mum?" I gasped.

"Honey." she smiled. "I'm so sorry."

"I'm gonna miss you so much mum." I sobbed.

"I know honey. I'm so sorry for leaving you at such a young age when you don't even have a father. I always told you men can be extremely unreliable." she laughed. I missed that laugh already.

"Yeah, I realised that lately." I chuckled, remembering all the hard times me and Harry went through.

"I know I've always told you to never trust men but I think I was wrong about these five, especially Harry. I want you to have a happy life with him and I'm warning you now, if he does something stupid like cheats on you at a party because he's drunk or something else like that, just give him one more chance. He loves you more than you could know. I know these past few years have been really hard for you and I haven't always been there to help you get through it all and now I wont ever be able to comfort you again but just know this, I love you no matter what."

I was crying at her words by now.

"And you have five caring boys and two wonderful girls to help you get through everything with you now. Good luck honey." She placed a kiss on my forehead and faded into the distance and I simply let the tears fall.