New Years Madness - Chapter 20

"It's happened for like the past two weeks now, I just didn't want to say anything." Danielle sobbed into my shoulder. 

"Dani, it's gonna be fine." I said, not even convincing myself.

"Who are you trying to kid Katie? We both know it's not gonna end well and I don't want anything to happen to Louis or Eleanor." 

"We should tell them, prepare them..." 

"No!" Danielle shrieked. 

"Why n-not...?" 

"I don't want them to worry... Let them enjoy the rest of the holidays at least." 

After a few minutes silence I sighed and said "Okay."

*3 days later*

"Harry?" I said as he climbed into bed beside me in my bedroom which now only we shared.

"Hmm?" 

"Would it be weird if someone else other than me started having those strange dreams...?" 

"What!?" he exclaimed. I sighed knowing I'd have to explain the Danielle situation to him now.

"Please don't be mad I didn't tell you earlier but I promised I would keep this a secret. You can't tell anyone either." I warned. He nodded so I continued. "You rememeber when Danielle asked to talk to me during out Boxing Day dinner?"

"Yes?"

"Well she told me she had one of those strange repetitive dreams. She never remembered the details, she just knew it was either Louis or Eleanor getting hurt. I begged her to let me tell someone but she thought it would be better to let it go for now."

"So one of them is going to get hurt?" he whispered.

"Apparently so..." 

"But maybe this isn't like your dreams? Maybe it's a coincidence." 

"I hope so, I really hope so." I muttered and snuggled into Harry's chest who pulled me close and soon enough we both found sleep.

The next two days were pretty chaotic as we had to plan our New Years Eve party. We invited almost our whole year, although I didn't like most of them. Niall and Harry helped me cook while Eleanor and Danielle did the decorations and the others went to get some alcohol. At 8pm people began arriving. 

Most of the night was pretty boring for me, I only decided to have about two drinks and then stopped  because my throat started burning. Danielle stayed with me all the time as both of us were pretty anxious about what could happen to Louis or Eleanor anytime soon. 

"Do you think we should tell them?" Danielle asked.

"Maybe not right now, it's almost 12, they're probably about to share a kiss or something." I joked. "We should find Liam and Harry." 

We walked around the house then out into the garden to find Harry, Liam and Niall all talking together.

"Harry just told us." Liam said.

"You told him?" Danielle narrowed her eyes at me.

"You should have told us anyway." Liam said. "Anyway, it's almost New Year, let's go and relax." he smiled and took Danielle's arm. Niall winked at me and went off to find Zayn, Louis and Eleanor. Me and Harry stood there for a few minutes, his hands in his pockets.

"So..." he said and moved a few steps closer to me. Just then the clock struck 12. Harry immediately stepped even closer to me and pulled me into a kiss. 

Only about two seconds into the kiss we heard a scream and quickly pulled away. We looked around to find the source of the noise. The others quicly joined us, everyone apart from Louis and Eleanor.

"Oh no." I said under my breath. 

A girl called Casey ran over to us and said "You guys, come with me quick!" The panic in her eyes told me this was definitely no joke so we followed as quick as we could.

A small crowd had formed at the front of my house and in the centre was Eleanor lying on the ground with blood seeping through her dress and a devastated Louis sitting right beside her, clutching her hand as her eyes could no longer stay open.

"NO!" Louis protested. "YOU'RE NOT DEAD!" 

"Call an ambulance!" I yelled at no one in particular. At that point about half the people surrounding the scene had their phones out calling for help. 

The next 10 minutes were silent, apart from Louis' faint sobs as he crouched over Eleanor's body. 

"What happened?" the people from the ambulance said when they finally pulled her inside. 

Until now I hand't even thought about finding out so I turned to Casey who would most likely know what happened. 

"I don't really know... One minute everything was perfect and they were having a kiss as the clock struck midnight, then someone in a black hood, looked like a girl's figure, ran over to them and Eleanor screamed." Casey explained to everyone. 

I turned to look at Danielle who had a terrified look on her face then to Harry who seemed to be thinking the same thing as me. 

"Mia."