Color

"Ari?"

"You okay?"

I ignored my only friends and pushed my way through the crowd. I almost started running as this person's head started to go into the school. I think Taehyung called my name, but I couldn't hear anything. All I could see was this color.

A color I've never seen before.

I started bumping into people now, but I didn't care. Then the person fully came into view and I booked it for my life. Before I knew it I was holding the person hand.

"Wait." I panted.

The person stopped slowly turning his head.

"Huh?"

He looked extremely confused but all I could focus on was the color other than what I've been seeing my whole life.

"What color is your hair?" I managed.

His eyebrows creased in confusion.

"What?" He turned to face me now, but didn't remove his wrist from my grasp.

I shook my head still dumbfounded at what I'm seeing.

"Please. I need to know what color that is."

He looked even more confused than before, but answered.

"It's blue."

"Blue?" I tilted my head.

"Yeah, uh, I have to go..." He was pointing over his shoulder, now seeming uncomfortable.

"Oh! I'm uh, so sorry." I bowed my head to him, before looking down after realizing what scene I probably just made in the middle of the hall.

"Ari?!" Jungkook's voice caused me to look up. But the blue was walking away.

"Where did you go?" Taehyung was asking now, but I didn't speak.

I just watched the blue disappear into the principles office.

____________

Our first class of the day was English, but my mind was still lingering on the blue. The teacher was going on about a piece we were reading out of the text book asking questions while I twirled my eraser around my paper. Then a little piece of paper fell in front of my face.

I already knew it was from Jungkook who sat next to me. I reluctantly picked up the piece of paper and read it.

In scribbled writing, it read: Are you okay?

I glanced at Jungkook but he was pretending to read. I started to write on the paper but I was interrupted.

"Oh, excuse me class can I have your attention please?"

I looked up and my whole body froze up again.

"Today I'd like to introduce our new transfer student. Please state your name for everyone." She gestured at him.

"My name is Park Jimin and I'm new, I look forward to getting to know you all." He bowed his head to us. A few girls were whispering about him, but I couldn't make out what they were saying.

"Thank you Jimin, please have a seat back there." She pointed you the empty seat in front of me and immediately wanted to disappear.

I could understand his hesitation coming over to me. I did ask him what color his hair was, which must've seemed weird because everyone know what blue looks like right?

But as soon as he sat down, my eyes were glued to the back of his head where I could see the blue fading into a very light grey color. It was something I had never seen before, but what if it's just his hair? If it's hair dye, will it fade away?

I hadn't realized how long I was staring until Jungkook jabbed me with his pencil. I glared at him just to see him point at the paper.

I sighed before angrily scribbling on the paper: what color is the new guys hair?

I threw the paper at him, just before the teacher turned to ask another question. He opened and gave me a look before writing something down and throwing it back at me.

Scribbled underneath our other words was: blue?

I looked at him.

"Is it?" I whispered.

He nodded his head before mouthing why at me. I turned my head to gaze at the color for a bit longer. Then I looked back at Jungkook before shrugging as if I didn't know anything.