Chapter Eleven

When I woke up the next morning, I knew everyone else exept for Steve and Bucky would be extremley hungover, and since I was tired anyway I just stayed in bed. I didn't hear any movement that would signal Bucky was up yet, so after a good while of laying there I reached over to grab my phone and earbuds. Yes, just because I had and loved my CDs, doesn't mean I didn't have Spotify.

I clicked onto my daily playlist of rock themed stuff, smiling as my ears were filled with an assortment of my favourite artists. They even got some Michael Jackson in there, oddly enough. It wasn't untill I saw the light turn on on the other side of my door that I finally sighed, standing up. I debated changing, but that could wait untill later.  I was too comfortable anyway. I turned Spptify off, then my phone, tossing it onto the bed as I made my way to the door.

Bucky had done his best to make me feel comfortable, but it was still a bit awkward given everything. I could tell he was doing his best to keep off of the topic of my parents, but it still hung in the air. I missed them, I really did. It was strange, as when you thought about it, it was kind of like Bucky and the team were my new family, except Bucky wasn't much of a dad. That seemed to be Steve and Clint, though if either got too bad all Bucky had to do was look at them. Seriously. I could understand why people may be afraid of him, his death glares were not something to be messed with. I was still completley unaware of his time as the Winter Soldier, which meant everyone had to be carfull not to let something slip around me. If they did, Bucky might just kill them.

I opened my door after throwing my hair into a messy ponytail, walking sleepily over to the kitchen where I could smell he was cooking. Once given the chance, Bucky turned out to be an excellent cook, which meant he also ended up cooking for the team one of the nights I'd spent here. Dear god was it delicious. He turned around and smiled at me, one which I returned, and as I sat on one of the barstools at the island, I caught a glimpse of the clock and saw it was nearing noon hour.

"Jeez, we slept in, didn't we?" I joked, thanking him as he slid a glass and some juice across the counter.

"Yeah... And we're probably still the only ones in the tower whom are awake. Nah, maybe Steve, but that's it." He replied, smiling as he flipped over the pancake in the pan. I'd never tried his pancakes before, and I would be lying to say I wasn't exited to do so.  I poured myself some of the peach juice, taking a large gulp as I watched him.

"Probably." I agreed, resting my elbows on the counter and setting my chin on my hands. "Bucky, can I ask you something?" He looked back at me, tilting his head but nodding. I hesitated before speaking, worried about how my question might come out. "Why did you bring me here? I mean, you could have just left me to go to an orphanage, but you didn't. You brought me to the Avengers tower." Bucky sighed, setting down his spatula after pouring another pancake in to the pan.

"I don't know, kiddo. I just couldn't sit by and let you go to some random orphanage, not when I know I'm all you had left. And besides, the team were really easy to sway, especially once Steve told them how you were able to calm me down whe I was the- when I started to freak out." I didn't miss how he'd corrected himself, but I didn't comment on it. Instead I just nodded, chewing on the inside of my cheek as I watched him serve up some food for me.

He placed the pancakes down on a plate and I stood up to grab the syrup and butter, having to ask where the syrup was because I still hadn't found my way around his kitchen. He finished cooking his last one, before dishing out his own and setting mine in my spot. I sat down and we dug in, and it was like heaven in my mouth. I wasn't kidding when I said he was a good cook.

"These are amazing, Bucky." I told him as I took another bite, and now I wished he cooked for the team more often instead of Rhodey, because.... wow. Rhodey thought he could cook, but he really couldn't. And more importantly because I wanted to eat more of whatever Bucky whipped up. "You need to teach me to cook." I joked. I could cook, but not like this. No way.

"So, anything on for today? Or are we just letting the team have their hangovers in peace?" I asked. I watched him as he thought, and I slightly regretted asking as a smirk crept up onto his face.

"Well, we could, but.... Wouldn't it be more fun to make it less peacefull for them?" He suggested mischeviously. Of course, Bucky would want to prank the team while he had the chance.

"You mean, like a prank? You want to prank the team while their hungover?" I confirmed, although I could admit, I liked the idea. "What are you thinking?" He shared a few ideas, and I contributed a few of my own, and once we had a plan toghether we decided not to involve Steve. He would just try and shut down the whole operation anyway. We deemed most of them would still be asleep, which helped. So once we finished our breakfasts and set our dishes in the sink, we headed off to start our day.

I am so so so so so sorry about my lack of updates! I had writers block for a while there, and now I'm working on a new story that may or may not come out soon, depending on how fast I write. Thanks for sticking with it, stay awesome guys!