Chapter 5

My world came crashing down. Everything I knew was a lie. My life was a lie. I've been lied to my whole life. I was alone. I was all alone without anyone by my side. My chest hurt. My heart hurt. Everything hurts. How could this be happening? What did I do to deserve this? I wanted to scream I wanted to cry but neither came. I don't know how long I stood there. But I finally dropped to my knees with a broken heart. Everything I've ever knew was a lie. Did my friends know? No I don't think they do.
I couldn't believe what was happening I felt the weight of the world on my shoulders. And what's this saying I'm a witch? Witches don't exist. No way they are myths. I refuse to believe in things that go bump in the night. In mid thought someone was knocking on my door. I dust myself off and got up. I wasn't expecting him of all people to show up but there he stood in my door way. When I opened the door he looked at me with worry in his eyes. He looked like he wanted to embrace me but something was stopping him. "Katalina. Is everything ok?" I shook my head. And finally the tears were released. He had that same look like he wanted to help but he couldn't. "Katalina. Invite me in." When he said that my eyes went straight to his. Who says something like that? He looked so desperate. I nodded. "Would you like to come in?" With that he stepped in and embraced me. He made me cry even more. I just let it all out. I went to my knees and he followed. He didn't say a word. He just held me while I cried. I never thought I would stop crying but when I finally did he still held me in his arms. "I'm here my sweet Katalina. I'm not going anywhere." "Are you sure?" I say with a raspy voice. I felt him nod. "That's if you'll have me." I wasn't sure what I wanted. I knew I wanted him. But I was so confused and scared. Everything was happening so quick. I don't know what to do. "Everything is just so confusing right now. I can't give you an absolute answer. I'm not sure myself of what I need or want right now. Will you give me time?" He let out a sigh. "Of course darling. Take all the time you need. Just know I will be by your side." I gave him a small smile.
"Now do you want to tell me what has you heartbroken?" I shook my head. I wasn't ready for the truth. I just handed him the letter. When he was done he gave me a knowing look. "I'm so sorry love." I noticed that he didn't say anything about me being a witch. What could it mean? Nothing's ok. After a while I get up and away from him. He knows something. "Who are you?" He sighs. "I'm not here to hurt you Katalina. So don't be afraid of what I'm about to say. My name is Michael Vladimir. I was a count in Russia. But that was so long ago. I'm a hybrid." What I saw next made me run. His once green beautiful eyes became a fire orange. I ran to my kitchen to grab the biggest knife we had. However he beat me and grabbed me. I struggled in his arms. I felt him growing and I knew I was done for. I stopped fighting and gave in. I was going to die by the hands of a monster. A beautiful monster. I shut my eyes waiting for him to rip me to shreds but what happened next left me speechless.
He turned me around and kissed me. I was too shocked to even understand what was going on. To even get my brain to register that I should be fighting him and not be letting him kiss me. Soon I found myself melting to his kiss and kissed him back. When he finally pulled away from me his eyes where back to normal. "Katalina; please don't ever run from me again my love." I just looked up at him. I couldn't believe what was happening. And it was happening way too fast for my liking. I was struggling to leave his arms once I realized what was going on. But he held onto me. Like his life depended on it. "Please moya lyubov' I'm not going to hurt you. I could never hurt you." His words seemed true. But I was still afraid. Afraid of what he could do too my already broken heart.