Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

Annika was used to gossips. She wakes up every day to read another faux gossip about herself. So, the link up with Shivay didn't bother her at all. However, the same couldn't be said for the tycoon. He was agitated and put his PR in full fledge work to hush the rumours and earn retaliation from the reporter who published the news. True, this time they went a bit over board by mentioning Niki and their stay in hotel. But, Annika was in the show business and she knew better than to react to these. Her seniors and mentors have always advised her that the best way to react to rumour is to not react at all.

Annika received a call early afternoon from Saysha instructing her to not give any bytes regarding this.

"No big deal." Laughed Annika at Saysha's concern

"It is for Shivay sir." Said Saysha seriously. "He takes link up rumours seriously, as he doesn't want things like this to affect Niki in anyway."

Annika didn't have a sibling, but still she could relate to the possessive brother in him as she has got the first hand experience of seeing it. Shivay is extremely possessive and protective about his little sister. He loves Niki to moon and back. That thoughts made Annika wonder what is Niki's take on the whole fiasco this time. This one is definitely not as harmless as the last on.

"Heelllooo Annika." crooned Niki once she picked up the phone.

"Someone is chirpy today." Commented Annika a natural smile forming on her lips.

"Oh! No particular reason." Niki replied with a slight snicker

"But I didn't ask the reason." Quipped Annika.

Annika Sharma was no fool. If her favourite actor is linked up with her brother, then Annika would be on cloud nine. So, she cannot expect anything less from Niki.

"Didn't go to college today?" asked Annika

"Well, Bhai has asked me to skip college till things get settled."

"Things?" Annika faked innocence

"Well, don't you know? Bhai's picture with his girlfriend is doing rounds in the net."

"I am not his girlfriend." Retorted Annika

"Oh! Did I tell that you are?"

Annika closed her eyes and shook her head in disbelief at the cheekiness of younger Oberoi.

"I don't know why your brother thinks you need to be taught business. You are already pro at cornering people."

"You and Bhai talk about me? How cute!!"

"Seriously, Niki! There is nothing between me and Mr.Oberoi. These are just rumours. You should know your brother better. He is such a robot at things like this."

"Does it make you sad that he is 'Robot' at things like this?"

"Damn! Can I talk with you without being interrogated like a criminal?" Asked Annika a tad bit irritated at presumptuousness of Niki

"Sorry." Confessed Niki pouting. "I just want to know one thing. Should I continue calling you Annika or call you bhabi from now on?" questioned Niki with a sly smile

"Know what? Ask your bhai." Said an irritated Annika cutting the call

Niki Oberoi has not learned to give up. So, she immediately marched into her brother's study to meet her brother who was busy bashing someone in phone.

"Bhai." called Niki

Shivay lifted his finger to indicate her to give him a minute while in call. Niki sat on the couch patiently. After couple of exchanges, he cut the call and looked at Niki.

"What is it?" he asked not bothering to look at Niki while searching for something in his desk.

"Should I call Annika as Annika or bhabi?" asked Niki in a casual tone

"What?" asked Shivay looking up at her shocked

"When I asked Annika the same, she asked me to ask you." Niki said with innocent look and sat on the chair opposite his table.

"What did you tell her?" he asked

"Do you want to know what I told her or what she told me?" asked Niki admiring her beautifully painted yellow nails

"Niki." uttered Shivay in warning voice making Niki look at him. "What are you trying to do?" he asked smelling some fishy game by his sister.

"Nothing." Shrugged Niki and stood on her feet to walk out when her brother stopped her.

"Okay fine." He said and small smile appeared on Niki's face. "What did she tell you?"

"Who?"

"Don't test my patience Niki."

"Fine. She told me that you are a robot who doesn't understand matters of heart and also you should only decide if I should call her by name or as bhabi." Said a clever Niki finely chopping various parts of her conversation with Annika.

"Why would she say that?" asked Shivay

Niki shrugged as she observed her brother in deep thoughts. Is he thinking what she wants him to think?

"Bhai, why did she call you robot? What 'matter of heart' didn't you understand?" she asked innocently.

Shivay was ignorant, not dumb. So, no way he missed any kind of signals from Annika. Dressing in his favourite colour, blushing at his compliments, dancing with him, he didn't miss anything. Then why did she call him a 'Robot'?

"I don't know..." said Shivay still immersed in thoughts.

"Bhai, now what is the answer for my question?" asked Niki

"Well." Shivay seemed to debate with himself before he said, "Tell Annika that I want to meet her for dinner tonight at La Paradise at 8."

"Ohh..." Niki hid her excitement with incessant blinking of eyes and sprinted from there. Her plan to play cupid ended with a last message to Annika stating,

"Bhai wanted to meet you in la paradise @8 to decide if I call you Annika or Bhabi."

*-*-*-*-*