Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

Shivay loved Sundays. These are days he doesn’t have to go to office. He liked relaxing on Sundays waking up late, playing games with Niki, watching movies and finally very laid-back dinner with Niki. His sister used to call his Sundays Niki-day. Even her annoying serial couldn’t keep him away from her on Sundays. Shivay was totally looking forward for this Sunday as last Sunday Niki went out with her friends to work on her college project.

When Shivay came down the stairs around noon, he was surprised to see his sister dressed in her best and shouting orders at the servants.

“What is wrong? “Asked Shivay as he settled on the couch with newspaper

“Bhai, it is already 12 and not half of what I want is ready.“ she complained as she sunk beside him with a pout.

“What is the hurry for, Niki? It is Sunday. “

“Bhai, don’t you remember we are having guest? “ asked Niki appalled

“Who guest? “

“Bhai, I told you I am inviting Annika for lunch.“ said Niki narrowing her eyes not pleased by her brother forgetting her lunch plan.

“What? “ shouted Shivay sitting straight on the couch. “Why? “

“What do you mean by why? “

“Niki, she is working for us. Business ends outside this house. Have you ever seen me inviting anyone working with us? “

“Don’t be a meanie, Bhai. And if it makes you feel better then, I have invited my friend Annika for lunch and not your model. Remember the shoot is already over. “

“But, Niki... “

“Please bhai, don’t ruin it for me “

Shivay didn’t want to argue with his sister, especially when she is this excited. So, he agreed reluctantly. Moreover, Annika Sharma is not as bad influence on his sister as he feared. Well, he still hates the stupid show. But, Annika was completely different person. He learned that she is only couple of years elder to Niki and they both kind of behave like friends with each other minus the occasional fan girl attitude of Niki. So, yeah he can live with another Sunday being wasted.

Annika reached sharp at 2 wearing a beige embroidered kurti and white leggings. Will this girl ever look less pretty in anything she wears? Shivay wondered. 

“Hello, Mr.Oberoi.“ she said giving him her bright smile.

“Ms. Sharma.“ he nodded

They have still not come to first name basis unlike his sister who conveniently calls her ‘Annika’.

“Thanks for inviting me.“ Annika said looking at the Oberois once the three settled in the living room.

“Oh! Pleasure is all ours.“ chirped a happy Niki.

They didn’t have one awkward moment of silence with Niki Oberoi blabbering 100 words a minute. But, the moment she left to attend a call from professor, Shivay and Annika felt the infamous silence occupy them. If that wasn’t enough, while going to attend the call Niki casually ordered her brother to give Annika a tour of the house.

“So? “ asked Shivay looking everywhere but her

Annika looked up at him

“I...umm..... A tour?”

“Sure “ Annika agreed

Showing around the house was a very lame activity according to Shivay. What was he supposed to tell? ‘ This is kitchen ‘, ‘This is lawn ‘. Duh! So within five minutes they were already in the first floor looking at the game room completing more than half of the house.