[12]

Y.N’s POV

I sat up in Edwin’s bed. A blanket loosely hung over my body. There was a smell coming from the kitchen. It smelled amazing. Before I could stand up, someone entered the room.

“Adler?” I asked, just checking to see if it was him. He gave me a sad smile. “What're… what are you doing here?”

“I heard about Edwin’s death,” he said, sitting on the foot of the bed. “I knew you’d be distraught, so I came. Are you happy to see me?”

I nodded, feeling tears begin to well up behind my eyes.

“When you passed out, I put you in bed and went to get food, so I have some KFC here for you.” He left the room and I looked down at myself. The blanket covered most of my body, then I realized something that made me eek and pull the blanket up to my chin.

Adler re-entered the room with a KFC bucket and a fountain drink.

“I saw there were some coke cans, so I got you a-”

WHERE THE HELL ARE MY CLOTHES!?” I shrieked, cutting him off. I hadn’t gotten dressed of taken a shower in days, but now I laid in my bra and underwear. I had been dressed earlier.

“Oh, your clothes were dirty,” he said. I stared at him with a confused expression as he sat down at the foot of the bed and opened the chicken for me. The small was irresistible. It smelled ‘finger licking good’!

I forgave him instantly as I ravaged the food like a wild animal. He simply sat and watched me. I didn’t care, I was hungry!

After all the food was gone, he took care of the garbage. I stood up to get dressed, but all my clothes were in my apartment, so I wore some of Edwin’s old clothes. I was lad they still slightly smelled like him.

Adler took one look at me in Edwin’s clothes and seemed rather sad, but pushed it away and forced a smile. He might’ve thought I hadn’t noticed. I did.

“So, Y.N,” said Adler. “I have a question.” I raised an eyebrow. “This may seem a little sudden, but….. Willyoubemygirlfriend?”

I didn’t understand what he had said at first.

“Huh?” He took a deep breath.

“Y.N L.N, will. You. Be. My. Girl. Friend?” I was frozen for just a moment.

“I’m sorry, Adler, but this is too soon. I can’t just-”

“Please?” he asked with big, pleading puppy dog eyes. “Y.N, I think I love you.” I shook my head.

“No, Adler. That can’t be. We only met-”

“It feels like I’ve known you forever.” I shook my head again, trying to get his voice out of my mind. I couldn’t let him do this. I couldn't just break. I had to stay put. Because… I loved Edwin.

“Really, Adler, I can’t just-” He kissed me. His lips were warm and soft, almost like they were fake. At first I didn’t kiss back, but I broke. I needed this feeling.

No POV

Adler’s hands ran up Y.N’s torso, staying on the outside of Edwin’s t-shirt. He didn’t want to make her uncomfortable.

Y.N had wanted to keep herself single, for Edwin, but she needed a feeling. Any feeling besides mourning. Anything but pain.

Adler’s tongue slipped into her mouth. She yelped. Everything about him was so… strange. Not in a bad way, but…. She couldn’t describe it. Y.N stopped fighting for a moment, and Adler slid her to lay on the bed.

Everything he wanted was coming true. The only issue was he couldn’t feel her. He knew how to move his hands, his tongue, everything, just to make her feel the best he could. But he couldn’t feel anything.

Even worse, Adler didn’t have a male private part. He had pushed the limits of his embarrassment by asking his father for a tongue, he wasn’t going to ask for a dick. So, he didn’t. And he didn’t have one. He couldn't let Y.N know he was a robot. An Android. A glitch.

Sex was out of the question.

The two continued to kiss, a constant battle of who was going to back away for a breath first. Being that Adler didn’t have to breathe, Y.N backed away, panting from lack of oxygen.

“Are you okay?” asked Adler. Y.N nodded excitedly. All she wanted was a distraction. Something to take the pain away. Someone to take her away. And Adler was there.

“I’ll be your girlfriend,” she blurted through the silence. Adler’s face turned up in an insane smile, his blue eyes nearly glowing with joy.

He dove to hug her, tangling his pale fingers in her (h.c) hair, and burying his face in her shoulder. Nothing could be better.