Chapter 1

Narrator's POV
July Fourth was a very special day for the town of South Newberry. The annual Fourth of July parade is taking place in the town square. Every year they pick a Ms. and Mr. South Newberry. There are four girls running for Miss. South Newberry, they are Chloe, Sienna, Brooke, and Jillian. The four boys running for Mr. South Newberry are Liam (Chloe's boyfriend), Nick, Jackson, and Alex (Emma's boyfriend). Emma wasn't doing the Miss. South Newberry competition because she didn't think she'd win. Besides, that was always Chloe's thing. Emma designed the floats and dresses and Chloe's makeup. She was an artist and Chloe was a cheerleader. Emma and Chloe have been best friends since they were in first grade. The most ironic thing though is that they are neighbors and their bedroom windows face each other. Right next to Emma's other window is a for sale house.

The parade started and all of the floats looked beautiful thanks to Emma. After all of the floats passed came the main float with all of the girls and boys standing and waving to the crowd. Mayor Parker stepped up to the top of the float where the microphone was. He started his speech, "Welcome citizens of South Newberry today we are celebrating our future generation. In the running for Miss South Newberry are Sienna Davis, Brooke Nelson, Chloe Fray, and Jillian Keller. Running for Mr. South Newberry are Nick St. Claire, Liam Hart, Jackson Berry, and Alex Andrews. Each one of you should have put in a vote on our South Newberry app selling for $.99 the app can work with apple and android devices. The winner of Miss South Newberry 2011 is... Chloe Fray!" Chloe looked very surprised that she won she stepped up to the microphone and started her speech,

"Hello, South Newberry families my name is Chloe Fray. I am honored to receive this award especially with the very tough competition I had to face. I want to thank my mom, dad, and family. I especially want to thank my beautiful best friend Emma. Emma made all of the beautiful floats from scratch, made my beautiful dress, and lastly did my gorgeous makeup. Thank you all for voting for me!"

After Chloe's speech, Mayor Parker came back up and introduced the Mr. South Newberry. "And now introducing Mr. South Newberry...Liam Hart!"

Liam made his way up to the microphone and started his speech. "First of all, I would like to thank my girlfriend, Chloe, for making me enter in this competition but I would also like to thank all of the people who helped with my campaign and helped me make my way here. I also would like to thank my parents for supporting me all through my life. Thank you!"

______________________________________________________

QotC: Do you ship Chloe and Liam, loloe or Cliam

Don't forget to vote this and add it to your reading list :)