[Chapter 2]

Published: January 15, 2019

Edited: May 22, 2019

     "I'm s-sorry, sir." The worker stuttered, his head down to avoid the piercing gaze of two mismatched eyes.

     "I remember a meeting we had, numerous times, that I wanted the color for the Loader Bots to be yellow." The man said as he was leaned back in his arm chair with his feet resting on top of his desk, "Tell me," He started and standing, he held up a sheet of paper and looked at it for a second, "Why are they red?!" He shouted while showing the worker the layout, the worker flinched at his shout and is visibly shaking.

     "W-Well, I just thought w-we should d-do red and-"

     "Wait wait wait," He cut him off and placed both palms down on his desk, glaring down at the worker, "This was your idea?" The worker nodded with some hesitation first and he let out a breathy laugh, "Do you know where you're working?"

     "Hyperion, sir..." The worker answered softly. His boss clasped his hands together and held them up to his nose.

     "Right, and what's our color?"

     "Y-Yellow... Sir..."

     "And knowing that, why did you make our Loader Bots red?" He asked calmly as his blue and green eyes studied the worker.

     "I j-just believed i-it would bring m-more fear..." The worker answered quietly. There's a moment of silence between the two and a bead of sweat slid down the worker's forehead. Then a burst of laughter is heard and he looked up at the man in slight confusion, "S-Sir?"

     "Haah, that's a good one, kiddo." He chortled as he wiped a fake tear away from his eye, laughter calming down as he walked down from his desk to the worker, "You know, I like how you think." He said with a smile, slinging a arm around the worker's shoulder, who jumped slightly. He started to walk them out of his office and down the halls.

     "R-Really?" The worker stammered as they walked, other employees watched in confusion and some with pity as they discreetly followed after them.

     "Really!" The man insisted with a smile and poking his chest, "I think that idea of yours could actually work." They stop walking and he placed his hands on the worker's shoulders, "I like that idea so much, I think you should get promoted!" He stated with a genuine smile, the worker's face lit up with a smile as well.

     "M-Me? Promoted?" He sputtered as the boss nodded with a grin. "Thank you! Thank you so much, sir!" He thanked with excitement before he paused, smile still plastered on his face, "But where am I being promoted to, sir?" He asked curiously as his superior stared at him with the never changing smile for a moment.

     "The airlock!" He chirped cheerfully, and before the worker could gasp and process what was just said, the man's grip on his shoulders tightened and he swiftly tossed the worker into the airlock. The worker scrambled up to his feet as the man shut the airlock tight. All the employees watched in shock while the worker his fists banged on the doors in desperation.

     "P-Please! Let me out!" The worker begged as the man laughed bitterly and looked at the worker with a wicked grin.

     "Oh come on! You should be happy about this promotion, cupcake!" He said as he put his hands in his pockets and pointed a finger out at space, "Your office is gonna be out there soon enough so just sit back and relax."

     "I'll fix my mistake! Please! D-Don't kill me!" The worker cried as he slammed his fists against the door. The man's face turned from a smile to a scowl.