Detention

I woke up abruptly with sweat on my forehead as I ran into the bathroom to empty my bowels. While doing that, I sensed movement behind me and something brushed my back. I shot up instantly but no-one was there.

I sighed, turning around to flush the toilet bowl. My nightmares were repeating itself and they were getting worse. I was always waking up in the middle of the night in cold sweat to empty my dinner in the toilet bowl, leaving a bitter taste behind. It was like my dreams were haunted, which of course they were and they always made me so weak and frail

I got back into the room and I realized that Rebecca wasn't on the bed, I frowned as  I got out of the room quietly and tiptoed down the stairs, avoiding all the parts of the stairs that creaked.

I felt a bit cold as I saw  Grandad's favorite chair in the living room and what was worse was the fact that Rebecca was sitting on it, her eyes closed, and she mumbling, I couldn't quite make out what she was saying but it seemed really obvious that she was talking to someone. Except that I didn't see the someone.

I held unto the necklace my mum gave me, something I do whenever I'm either scared or nervous. But this time, it was both. At this action, Rebecca's head snapped towards me as she stood up and walked towards me facing me.

"Did I scare you? ” She asked.

"You wish” I replied sternly. She definitely did.

“Why're you up by 4:30am in the morning? ” She asked tilting her head to the side and looking at me creepily.

Does being creepy run in the family?

“I could ask you the same ” I replied as she walked past me. I would have gone back to bed but I'm avoiding both my nightmares and Rebecca.

“I wish I could tell you that she was the bravest person you'd ever meet” I heard her say behind me and I turned around. Of course, Eva was so brave!

“I thought you already went upstairs” I rolled my eyes and sighed. I was so tired of this family.

“I mean I understand if you weren't as great as she was. But killing her? Oh come on Luna, you went too far” Rebecca said.

"There are approximately 1,013,013 words in English language but I could never string any of them together to explain how much I want to hit you with a chair” I retorted and she let out a dry and humorless laugh.

So you're also going to take me out like you did to Eva? ” She asked smirking which showed that she knew what she was doing.

“for the umpteenth time Bec, I swear I didn't do it” I said tearing up, as much as I didn't want to. One thing I hated was crying in front of someone, it made me seem so weak and I like to think I'm not.

"If you didn't do it, who did? ” She asked

"It--w-was--y--your m--m--mum” I stuttered amidst hot tears as I ran back up the stairs to the bathroom and shut the door behind me.

-------

“Luna, starbucks after school. No objections” Lily said to me before walking off. I must look really pathetic. I was going to class before I remembered what I have this morning. Great! Calculus, again!!

"Miss black, I'm confused.... I'm afraid I don't quite understand you. I can't give you false hope but your grades are getting lower.... ” My calculus teacher was saying when I cut him off as I frowned at him

What was he saying? I usually tried as much as possible to let nothing affect my grades

"False hope? ” I repeated “I have achieved high marks in calculus tests-----”