34

Ben

"Bennie!" Joe shouts when Ari and I walk on set.

"Joey!" I reply, running into his outstretched arms. We embrace, him burying his head into the crook of my neck.

"I'm never leaving you again," Joe mumbles.

Aria walks over to us, amused. Joe turns his head slightly so that he can see her. He outstretches an arm welcoming her into the hug, which she walks over into and joins us.

"I missed you Joe," Aria says.

"I missed you too. My two lovers," Joe says.

Oh my.

Another person wraps their arms around us, followed by another and another.

"It's sad how much I missed you fools," Lucy says, laughing.

"Yeah you guys are pretty alright," Aria jokes.

We stand there for a couple minutes, just hugging each other. We've grown so close. I know that these people are some of my best friends now and it's crazy.

"It's warm in here," Rami says into the hug.

We all pull back so we are no longer touching. I missed these people so much. It's amazing how we've turned into this big family, and in such a short time too. The connection we all have is unreal. 

"How was your break?" Gwilym asks the group.

"Really great actually," Aria says, intertwining our fingers together.

"I ate so much I thought I was going to vomit for three days, but it was pretty good," Joe tell us. 

We continue to talk for a few moments before we start filming. The rest of the cast and crew comes to set to prepare. Jim Beach and Graham King, who I am glad to see coming on set more often, say hello as they enter, as do Brian May and Roger Taylor. Allen Leech eventually comes and joins our little huddle. He's actually a great guy and I look forward to working with him more as the film progresses. It's a shame the fans will hate his character. 

I notice Aria looking by the doorway to see someone who just walked in. I feel her hand go stiff, and she pulls it out of mine, her eyes glue to the person. I strain a little to see who she's looking at, the rest of the group following. It's Bryan Singer.

"Hello everyone," he greets, walking up to us. 

Aria walks closer to him, almost as if she is protecting us from him. She stands in front of the group.

"Can I help you?" she asks. Her voice is eerily calm, although I can feel her tension from here. 

"I'm here to work, dear," he says, a smile on his face. I've worked with Bryan before and he was fine, but I think the fact that he made Aria so frustrated makes me not like him anymore. 

Rami disappears out of the lot of us. I turn around to see him speed walking to Jim and Graham. He exchanges a few words to them, and gestures towards us. The three of them then walk over to rejoin us. 

"Can we have a word outside?" Aria asks. 

"We can talk after filming," Bryan says. "Let's get this scene done then we can talk before discussing the rest. I need to get the files from you in regards to what was filmed previously while I was away,"

"Away? You didn't come to work. As in you just didn't show up,"

"Bryan what a surprise," Jim says, walking up to him and Aria. Graham stands in front of them, blocking our view and gestures for us to walk away. We do as he says, but the majority of the room is focused on the interaction going on.