𝐯𝐢. 𝐚 𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐩 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬

Start from the beginning

𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃 been fourteen trying times that the Doctor had tried to get them home, it had been a long night of shaking and anxiousness among everyone.

The Doctor insisted that they even get some sleep in the rooms the TARDIS had provided for them at one point. The TARDIS was strange and expansive. Naomi was worried that once she got to her guest room she'd never be able to find her way back. When she had expressed this to the Doctor, she smiled politely and assured her that there was a phone connected to the console if she needed anything. Naomi smiled, and entered her room that surprisingly resembled her one at home. Just cleaner.

Once they were awake and back in the console room, the Doctor had tried her fourteenth attempt, stepped down the steps and looked outside for a moment.

"Nearly," she stated, shutting the doors and walking back up to the console.

"Sheffield?" Yasmin asked hopefully, although the Doctor returning to the console seemed an unlikely sign.

"Almost," the Doctor assured her. "Really close."

"So, not Sheffield, then?" Graham asked.

"You're doing this deliberately, aren't you?" the Doctor whispered towards the console as she pushed a few buttons.

Yasmin raised an eyebrow at the Doctor, "Who are you talking to?"

"If it's me," Ryan said, raising his hands. "I haven't touched anything!"

"I'm talking to the TARDIS, because this is our ninth attempt," the Doctor said to them before redirecting her statement to the TARDIS.

"Fourteenth," Graham corrected. "You can't control this thing, can you?"

"Excuse me. Yes, I can," the Doctor told him offended, although she started to deflate. "Most of the time. Just sometimes, like now, it has a mind of its own."

Naomi raised an eyebrow, most of the things the Doctor said seemed to go in a round-a-bout way but Naomi was used to that with most of the phone calls she got and tried to piece together what the Doctor was saying.

"If she keeps taking you away from Sheffield, could she be telling you something?" Naomi asked.

The Doctor looked up, furrowing her eyebrows together, "It's possible, she's done it before."

"Maybe you should listen," Naomi smiled lightly, placing her hand on her shoulder.

Yasmin started to pick up on Naomi's tone, figuring that maybe they needed to stay for one more trip. "So, where are we, actually?" she asked curiously.

"Earth, United States," the Doctor told her, looking down at the console for more information. "1955, Montgomery, Alabama, if I'm reading this properly. New displays. Still figuring them out," she explained, backing up slightly.

"Nineteen fifty five?" Graham asked, his tone sounded annoyed but suddenly it changed as he asked, "Could we see Elvis?"

Naomi laughed lightly at his question, knowing Graham for only a few days came with knowing him as grumpy, annoyed and most important, opinionated.