Prologus

"The bookmark has been sent."

It is nearly six in the evening and the cold wind blows wildly like a roaring lion wanting to escape from its cage.

I glanced at the city. Everyone's busy going to their work with their speedy cars inside the glass tunnels. Packages are being driven in Flight Cubes entering the Delivery Tower. Night Patrols are safely guarding the three Gates. I didn't know people were more fond of becoming Night Owls instead of Morning Dews.

The Delivery Tower shines above all. It sparkles even at broad daylight.. maybe because of the glitters that surround the area. My mother used to tell me that each red glitter corresponds to one successful Change. Oh, I love to have Change! Someday, I will become the Master Sender our family has been wishing to have in years. I promise that.

Being a Morning Dew is what I always wanted. I will complete all the Changes assigned to me. I may spend Happy Hour with my family during my free days. I will also get to see the beautiful artificial lilies that bloom inside the Tower. And, of course, happy people will always greet you with smiles on their faces. It really feels like a light, carefree and colorful day.

Unlike being a Morning Dew, being a Night Owl feels a little bit sad for me. Not because you cannot interact with people since most of them are already asleep, but Night Owls usually work in a few, sometimes alone, compared to bulky groups. Sure, they work fast, but they always look tired that you will want to give hammocks to them so they can rest. Some Night Owls are also mysterious. They tend not to mingle with the others.

Speaking of the devil, the Night Owls seem to be very active recently. I heard there were about five hundred Flight Cubes sent last night. But, it also seems odd since these Cubes don't come in plenty. Does that mean Changes are badly needed by many?

I looked at my Track Watch.

"The bookmark has been sent," it says. My quill is just right beside me.

I wonder if it was the right thing to do.