5

{by the time this is posted I can tell that it's going to have been a long time so I apologise again. I feel a little better and motivated now so I'm going through ideas again. Now that I read it again I realised how actually terrible and shit this chapter is so please bare with me. Also look at the picture with the precious babies on it, ahhhhh, also I didn't mean to make Larry look like such an ass, to me he just comes across as the type of person who is aggressively caring }

(TW = very mild mentions of self injury (hardly anything but I thought I'd mention this just in case), I used this chapter ,without realising, a vent chapter, I'll  do another TW when it gets closer on to the point too)

Sal's shaking body was backed against the bathroom door and his quivering knees were tucked tightly into his chest. He didn't know what to do, he felt like he couldn't move. All he could hear was his mind speaking harshly to him. He remembered the time he'd told his friends he'd never touch alcohol because addiction ran in his family and he didn't want that. But then there he was, trying to sneak a bottle of vodka from a fridge in his friends house. He didn't know what he was going to do, he needed to do something. He felt like he could either hit himself over and over again or scream but he still had sense, and he knew which one would be better in the long run. So he took a breath and screamed as loud as he could.

Larry had his head resting against the table, he was too on the verge of tears. Twice in a week he had messed things up with Sal. That's when the dreaded scream came, his head shot up fast as he got off the seat and sprinted to the bathroom door. He banged on it loudly three times before shouting:
"Sal whatever your doing in there.... come out now !!!"
Sal noticed that he had frightened Larry "I'm fine, I don't want to come outside...." sal whispered, tears that where welling up were threatening to come out again.

Larry took a deep breath and dropped down onto his knees, putting his hand against the door.
"God, sal I'm so sorry...." Larry whispered, he was terribly disappointed in himself "it just... like happens sometimes, It's not your fault"
Sal shook his head "no, you're right, I needed it" Sally answered, putting his head further into his quivering knees.
"Well can you at least come out sal, I don't want to upset you" Larry whispered.
"It.....it's not just you.... it's everything" Sal answered, standing up and leaning close to the door, resting his head on the side.
Larry sighed "then come out! Talk to me, I won't get angry" Larry answered, pressing his hand against the old door.

The lock on the door made a noise and the it opened a crack, sal's face half appeared from the side, staring at Larry's concerned face.
"I never even fixed your mask dude, come on, let's settle down" Larry answered with a smile, gesturing for sal to follow him.

They were back in Larry's room, he put something on the tv and he'd left a pile of stuff; including tape, plasters and tissue as well as a few other things he'd come across randomly. He was opposite sal and he had the slightly cracked mask in his hand.
"What's going on sal ?" He asked, taking tape off the roll and sticking it onto the cracked mask, making sure every single part of it was perfect.

Sal's lip quivered but he held back the terrible urge to cry again.
"I just, I just like drinking, I can't stop myself. All those fucking nightmares I have, I need to get rid of them, and I still feel like everything that happened before I moved here is my fault, and it's Travis making me feel bad and it just feels like everything is on my shoulders" sal said with an angered tone, hitting the bed with his fist, his hand slipped and his flimsy body rested upon Larry's, but he didn't move, he just gripped onto Larry's dirty, stained sanity's fall short and cried into it like he had never cried before.

Larry just stared into the distance, all this time sal had been going through so much and he didn't tell anybody. No wonder he drunk, the poor soul couldn't deal with it anymore.
"My poor Sally face" was all Larry could say for a while, all he could do was rock sal in his arms while he cried himself out. Minutes went by of this happening and soon Sal grew tired and his tired eyes closed finally. Larry didn't even realise his crush had fallen asleep in his arms, he carried on rocking him until he came out of his protective trance and came back to reality.

{tw coming up}

He had laid Sally back onto the bed and once again started to clean up the mess and then came back to sort out sal's injuries from when the bottle smashed. He had finished most of sal so he then pulled up sal's sleeve to check for any type of injury from either the Travis moment or the bottle smash, but what he saw made him gasp and push himself away, causing sal to groan and wake up a little bit. He opened his eyes again and saw Larry's hurt eyes, staring into his.
"Sally face...... how could you..... y...you didn't even tell m..m...me" Larry whispered, a single tear slid down his red cheeks.

Sal didn't understand what was going on at first and he started to scan his surroundings before looking down and seeing his sleeve, pulled up, and his arm covered in bruises. Sally instantly put his hands over his body, hiding them almost as he saw Larry's angry face appear again as tears rolled down his cheeks silently.
"Who fucking hurt you sal ?!!!! Was it Travis !!!! Tell me because I'll beat their goddamn ass until they find themselves in hospital!!!!" Larry screamed, hitting the bed and staring deep into sal's eyes. Little did Larry know, if he was to stick to his word, then he'd be putting sal in the hospital.

Hearing those words and sal definitely didn't want to tell Larry the proper truth, he had to cover it up, he had to protect himself.
"Larry...... it was Travis..... he's been hurting me" sal lied, trying to hide his face. He felt terrible, he knew Travis was deep down a very sad and lonely person, but he had to keep everything unknown or goodness knows what will happen.

"Then that's it, on Monday, travis phelps will never see the light of day again !!!" Larry shouted while all sal could do was nod guiltily. Sally knew Larry meant what he said, now all he could do was wait and watch the world crash down around him.