69. Rachel

Rachel

"What happened?" I blurted out the moment Dr Bailey walked out. I ran towards him, followed by Dave and Nathan.

"Is she okay?" I asked, digging my nails into the palm of my hands.

"Relax guys, she'll be okay." Dr Bailey smiled and replied. "We need to check her condition for a few hours then you guys can talk to her."

I smiled from ear to ear and looked at Nathan who was standing there with a poker face. James and Mr. Hikings on the other hand were sitting in a corner engrossed in their own conversation, which was hard to hear.

"Hey! Nathan, everything will be okay." Dave told my brother and patted his back.

"I hope so..." Nathan mumbled and took a deep shaky breath.

"Listen to me..." Dave continued, and I used this chance to see if James and Harry's father were okay or if they needed anything.

Umm.. okay I actually wanted to eavesdrop. Not because this is something I usually do, I swear, it was because I was curious and I couldn't think straight. And curiosity is just so bad for health. I slowly walked towards them, leaving Dave, Nathan and Harry alone. I couldn't hear anything at that distance so I hid myself behind a chair which was closer to them, I sat down on the dirty cold ground and listened carefully.

"... didn't know things like that were supposed to happen, and I'm sorry for your daughter."

"It's fine Tom. You don't need to apologize, even I didn't know Gabriella was not okay and I was living with her."

"I actually searched the entire town for you, I couldn't sleep for one full month. I felt like dying, I saw Gabriella in my dreams for years. She was giving me this weird look as if to tell me it's my fault."

"It's not your fault and you know it."

"I thought it is. I never meant to hurt her, I loved her a lot."

"I loved her too, Tom. Who could resist Gabriella?"

"I bet she could get any man she ever laid eyes on."

"She was surely charming."

"She-"

"Rachel! What do you think you're doing?"

I gasped and tried to stand up immediately, not noticing the wet floor by the vase of flowers. My right foot slipped and I fell hard on my butt and looked up angrily at Harry.

"Here, let me help you" He extended his hand for me to take.

"I don't need any help!" I snapped and stood up. Harry rolled his eyes and removed his hand.

"Whatever..." He mumbled. "Dr Bailey said Jessie want to see you."

"Really?!" I squeaked and grinned like an idiot, Jessie didn't want to see me before her therapy, she refused to talk to me and Nathan. She only talked with Dave and James. Hearing Jessie wanting to see me and talk to me was a huge relief.

I licked my lips and adjusted my pink floral dress. Then took a deep breath and walked past Harry. I gasped when he grabbed my wrist and made me stop in my tracks.

"You're an amazing girl, Rachel. But you had to know better." He said, staring deep into my eyes.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked, avoiding eye contact.

Harry sighed and smiled warmly at me. " I mean I'm very bad at commitment things, and you're such an amazing girl, that's why I didn't want to hurt you."