49. Jessie

Jessie

To say I was shocked was an understatement. I can't find any better work for that situation other than shock. A girl who looked like a goddess was kissing Nathan's hands.

I haven't even been able to hold his hands like normal lovers do, let alone kiss them. I couldn't see Nathan's face clearly to know his reaction, all I knew was that he pulled away in a second.

"What do you think you're doing?" He hissed, the girl smiled sadly and wiped her tear stained cheeks with the back of her hands.

"I actually came here to see you," The girl said, my heart sank and I knew there was only one meaning to all of this.

There was definitively something going on between them. This may be the ex girlfriend of Nathan, whome Rachel mentioned a few times.

"Well you saw me, now leave me alone." Nathan said, and turned around. He was about to bump right into me, then he walked away from all of us.

"Nathan wait!" The pretty girl exclaimed.

Nathan stopped in his tracks, he stared at me for a while, his face expressionless, his eyes then moved to Harry and he pressed his lips into a thin line. The pretty girl ran after Nathan and grabbed his wrist, Nathan slapped her hand away.

"I miss you Nathan... I miss you a lot." The gorgeous girl murmured, after recovering from Nathan's rude attitude towards her.

Nathan grabbed my hand without staring at me and slowly turned her way. I stared at our intertwined fingers, his large hand was engulfing my small cold ones. I didn't know if it was the heat from Nathan's hand or my blood was rushing to my limbs from the fast beating of my heart. All I knew was that I felt warm.

"Jessie is my girlfriend now, Holly." Nathan's icy voice snapped me back to reality, "I'm sorry, but I don't miss you, or love you, or care about you anymore. I have put those useless feelings in the past, now I only care about my dreams, and umm... Jessie."

I stared at Nathan, who ignored my stares completely. The beautiful girl whose name was Holly was glaring at me, I felt intimidated and stupid, standing here with her and her ex boyfriend who happened to be my first and current boyfriend. But... the warmth of Nathan's hand was somehow making me forget about all those disturbing feelings. I was daydreaming and smiling to myself when suddenly Nathan pulled me away.

"Ohh.." I gasped and followed him close behind, my hand still in his hand, and my feet taking rapid small steps while he took slow long steps, making it hard for me to catch up to him.

Leaving Holly and Harry behind, and I swear I heard Harry murmur something like: "Lovebirds, get a room!" But before I could ask Harry to repeat what he just said. I found myself in the middle of the hall, arms around Nathan's neck, dancing to the slow music playing.