Almost too late ~ Lashton

[ LUKE ]

"And that concludes our day students." my Professor instructed as the bell rang. Everybody got up to head to the door chatting about how great their weekend will be. All I can say is better than mine.

I collected my phone from Mr. Gurble, That was taken from me when my ass-hat of a friend decided to snap chat me in the middle of a lecture.

I walked up to him as he was chatting with a few girls out of his league.

"Sup, dick" I smiled at him.

Michael quickly turned around and raised his fist as if he would punch me in the face.

"Oh." he realized. "Its just you."

I gave him a small smile.

"Yeah. What made you decide to be an asshole today?" I questioned him.

But while he was rambling on why he was an idiot, I checked through my missed calls and messages.

Mum:

"I Love you"

"How's school"

"Come visit us sometime."

I smiled at the affection my mother was giving me even if I didn't live at home. I moved out as soon as I turned eighteen and promised my mum to not drop out and continue my senior year. I ended up moving in with some guy who I met at a party and was heartbroken over some girl.

I responded quickly to my mum's concerned texts and looked up at Michael.

He took a deep breath .

"And that is why I am sort of messed up.' Michael concluded.

I rolled my eyes. He blames it on being lonley as a child but I know it's really the hair dye.

"Thats nice to know Mike, well I have to pick up pizza for me and Ash."

"Okay?"

"Yeah. Okay?'

"No Luke you did it wrong, we were supposed to have a moment."

And that's when I walk away because sometimes Michael's weird and I don't understand what he is saying.

**************

After I picked up the pizza I walked up to the flat that Ashton and I shared. I walked into our dark living room and made my way into the kitchen. I started to wonder where the bum was until he walked in wearing sweatpants with his tank he wore yesterday.

He gave me a sleepy smile while he stretched his arms out and yawned. "Hey Lukey." He grinned.

I gave him a small smile back and licked my lips nervously.

"Oh you got the pizza." He giggled as he took a slice and sat down on our couch beside me.

He giggled again as he asked me to turn on the T.V.

Damn him.

His head rested at my shoulder while his hands were casually on my thighs.

I looked at him watching whatever is on and took in his soft sent of jasmine.

I nervously bit my lip considering outing myself to my best friend who also happens to be my crush.

On a commercial (because honestly High School Musical comes first before feelings) I turned to him knowing that I'm ready.

I turned to him. "Ash, I lo-"

"Hold that thought mate, I have to see this."

I slumped back to my spot and turned the T.V. off.