Why

[REWRITTEN/EDITED(?)]

A ten year old Jimin and a twelve year old Yoongi were sitting in a treehouse at Jimin's backyard, hanging out with some snacks and jokes and games.

Jimin snorted as he watched Yoongi try to lick his elbow, the pale boy trying so hard.

"Aigoo, alright, hyung, that's enough!" The brunette said as he giggled, putting a hand on the older's shoulder.

"Alright alright, what should we do now, Minnie?" The older asked, laying his head on Jimin's lap.

"Hm... How about... Promises?"

"Promises?"

"Yeah! Promises to each other!"

"Hm... Sounds good to me! Alright, Minmin, you wanna go first?

"How about you go first, hyung?" The younger beamed with excitement.

"Eh? Why me? It was your idea!"

"Oh come on, hyung! Pleaaaase??"

"*h u f f* fine, fine."

"Yay!" Jimin giggled as Yoongi lifted his head up and moved his position so he would be infront of Jimin.

"Now let's see here, hm.. Uh- *e h e m* I, Min Yoongi, promise to Marry Park Jimin and grow old with him! I promise to love him forever and ever and ever until we die! Cross my heart!" The black-haired boy said, crossing his chest as the smaller laughed.

"Hyung, that's so corny!"

"It was the best promise i could think of! Plus, i love you, Jimin! I really do!" Yoongi smiled, as the smaller's cheeks grew red, insides all warm as butterflies swarmed inside his stomach.

"Now it's your turn, Ji!"

"Pfft, alright then. Now hm..." Jimin tapped his nose, thinking before speaking up.

"I, Park Jimin, promise to love Min Yoongi, who will be my future husband, till the day i die! Cross my heart!" Jimin said, crossing his chest, cheeks growing even redder as he raised up his pinky and looked at Yoongi, a warm smile on his face.

"Now that we've made promises to each other, let's intertwine our pinkies!"

"Why??"

"It's a sign of us keeping the promise forever!"

The black-haired boy laughed as he also raised his pinky, looking at Jimin. "Alright then, Minnie!"

"This is a promise which will never be broken, okay hyung?"

"Okay, Jiminie!" The older said, intertwining his pinky finger with Jimin, watching as Jimin's eyes turned into small crescents, smile turning even wider.

"I love you, hyungie~!"

"I love you too, my Minmin~!" The older said, hugging the Jimin, the younger happily returning the hug.

"Yoongi? Your mother is here to pick you up, sweetie!" Mrs. Park called out to the two. Yoongi pouting as he let go of Jimin.

"Awww... Bye bye, hyung! See you tomorrow!" The younger bid his hyung, kissing his cheek.

"But i don't wanna go..."

"Oh, come on, you big baby!  You act like you're leaving for 5 years with no hope of returning!" Jimin snorted, as Yoongi's pout turned into a frown.

"*s i g h*, i guess i'll see you tomorrow, Minmin!" The older said, returning the kiss on the cheek as he climbed down the rope ladder and waved goodbye, Jimin looking out of the window of his treehouse and waving back as he watched his hyung get escorted inside by his mother.

"This is a promise which will never be broken, okay hyung?"

"Okay, Jiminie!"