~eighteen~

"now, where are we going?" ryan asked, buckling himself in. he watched gerard maneuver around with some things in ryan's car before he pulled out.

"we have to collect supplies. my dad used to know some guys who worked at this place, so we get along pretty good. they don't give a fuck what i do, but you're a softie and you're just gonna have to act... normal." gerard glanced over at ryan, holding back a smile.

"i'm not a softie." ryan got angry, crossing his arms across his chest.

"yea right, kid. you're practically bait to the guys there." gerard chuckled.

"whatever. i could be menacing, right?" ryan tilted his head to the side, trying to look all 'badass.'

"nope." gerard smirked, making a sharp curve.

after a few more minutes of silence, gerard parked in a random parking lot. it seemed to be a very sketchy place, only a plain building that had cigarettes covering the edges of the streets.

ryan followed gerard in hesitantly. he was more aware of his surroundings than ever before. it was practically in the middle of nowhere.

ryan saw around three middle aged men, talking and smoking cigarettes. they all were covered in tattoos and piercings. ryan didn't exactly expect them to appear this way, but who knows what gerard thinks is normal.

"jeffrey, trey, matthew." gerard greeted, ryan still following awkwardly behind him.

"ah, gerard." the tallest man said, putting out his cigarette with a pedophilic chuckle.

"what brings you around?" another man said, a cigarette still hanging loose out of his mouth.

"just had to pick up some things. has my dad been around here recently?" he asked, leaning against the counter.

"only occasional visits, he would sit and smoke with us, sometimes watch the game." one of them says, shrugging.

"who's your- uh, friend?" one of them asked, referring to ryan.

"oh, this is ryan. he's just helping me out with some things." gerard chuckled, glaring back at ryan. he stood there awkwardly, not being able to focus on one thing.

"well, help yourself." the tallest man says, smirking lightly. gerard nodded and grabbed ryan by the arm, pulling him around.

"gerard, this is really sketchy."

"but it's cheap. grab all what you think is necessary. if they ask you anything, just nod and keep on going. got it?"

ryan nodded, walking off.

the two eventually met up at checkout, putting up the materials on the counter. rope, many different kinds of swords and knives, a bag of razor blades, all types of guns, anything that seemed to come right out of a horror movie.

"damn, are you guys planning a murder or some shit?" the man checking them out asks, laughing.

"not like you'd tell anyone if we were," gerard sneered, watching ryan stare at the tv hanging from the ceiling.

they finally got checked out and left, throwing the bags in the backseat. they got buckled back in and drove around for another hour until they reached ryan's house.

"come here, we can put it down in the basement." ryan said, opening up a locked up door. they walked down a gazillion flight of stairs before they finally reached a base floor.

ryan turned on a light, realizing just a cold empty space. gerard unpacked the items, laying them in a certain order. they were sprawled across the floor before gerard got an idea.

"hey, could you go grab a chair?" gerard asked calmly, staring up at ryan who was still on the last step. he nodded before walking up.

gerard sat on the floor, grabbing his notebook and sketching out his ideas. he had a to find a way to make sure this worked out right. it was the only possible way he could finally get to frank.

"here." ryan said from beyond with a loud thud. gerard turned around and saw the chair sitting on the concrete and ryan still on the last step.

"thanks."

"actually gerard, after the main part of this is over. like, after he's pretty much on the edge, could you move him to the other place that's like an hour away? because, what if we get caught? i don't want to be blamed cause this all took place in my basement."

"sure, whatever. but you're helping me still. it won't be obvious you were in on it. we won't get caught as long as this goes right. how long are your parents gone?"

"uh, they should be back by... next friday?"

"oh, we have plenty of time."

"wait- are we gonna do this n-now?" ryan asked nervously.

"better now than never." gerard smirked, grabbing ryan's phone out of his pocket.

'hey awsten, wanna come over? i'm bored as hell and just need someone to hang out with.'

gerard smirked, walking upstairs. ryan ran after him, watching him get the syringe ready. it was a complicated process to ryan, but gerard did it with ease.

"he-he said he's on his way." ryan urged out, slipping his phone into his pocket.

"excellent." gerard said, staring vehemently at the syringe.

"this is probably hard for you, i understand. but the money, think about that?" gerard smiled at him, taking on a soft side. ryan nodded, calming himself down.

"here, i know where you can hide." ryan said, walking towards the front door. he opened up a door, revealing a tight closet space. "just keep it cracked, he won't see you-"

the doorbell rang, making both of them jump. ryan took a few deep breaths before stepping towards the door. he opened the door and awsten stood there, smiling brightly.

"hey ryan!" he greeted, pulling him into a hug.

"hey awsten, come in." ryan opened the door wider, glancing at gerard.

the two boys talked for a while before awsten headed off towards the kitchen. ryan pranced over to gerard, whispering.

"i'm gonna talk with him for a while and play it off. when i cough, that's your signal to come and do it."

gerard nodded, though he didn't like taking orders from others.

ryan walked back over to the kitchen and brought out two beers, handing one to awsten.

"damn, it's only 6:30!" awsten laughed, yet started drinking.

"well, you don't really have any limits when your parents are gone for nearly two weeks." ryan chuckled, sitting across from him.

"gotta use it to your advantage!" they clinked drinks, taking another sip. gerard grew impatient just sitting in the closet, wanting to stick the syringe in his own neck at this point.

"well, thanks for inviting me over dude. i feel like we could get super close hanging out like this, you know?" awsten said, still cheekily smiling.

"yea! definitely, dude." ryan nodded before coughing, still looking at awsten smiling.

"hey, staring contest!" ryan yelled out, staring at awsten dead on. awsten chuckled before staring right at ryan, trying not to break out into a laugh.

gerard snuck up quietly, careful with how exactly he was gonna do it. then, with no hesitation, he grabbed awsten by his hair, jabbing the syringe into his vein. ryan covered his eyes, still wary about the situation. awsten's eyes rolled into the back of his head as he fell out of the chair violently.

"good one." gerard winked before ryan just put his head down, hearing the dragging across the wooden floor.