Chapter Seventeen: Older

Beckett P.O.V

Glancing at my closet bouncing my phone on my leg, I couldn't figure it out. When did I ever buy this much clothes? I couldn't remember when I filled my closet with this much clothing. Did I accidentally buy them? I think all these clothes came from the numerous trips I took with girls who simply wanted to have a moment with a GBF, gay best friend. I would never consider any of them my best friends, and thinking about it I don't have a best friend. Most of the kids in my school are as fake as I sometimes have to pretend to be. They wouldn't like the real me, aside I don't think I have ever shown. A kid with self-confident issues. Constantly fearful of others opinions even though I don't show it. Maybe if I showed the true me in tiny parts that they'd accept me by the end of it. I don't think I'll try that tactic any time soon though. But back to the issue at hand; clothes.

I have everything to classy to flirty, I even have sexy looking clothes. I didn't want to come off as as obnoxiously flirty though. I needed to look dateable but not like I'm trying to hard. I wanted to look cute, but not like the best friends younger brother. Geez, I sound like a teenage girl. Picking out clothes shouldn't be this complicated. I shouldn't be taking ever little detail into thought. Thinking this through I grab my favorite pair of ripped jeans, which were bleached white and a cute looking flannel which was purple. Sitting the clothes on my bed, I grab a pair of my wore out converse, which was once blue now looking grey. I think it's better to look comfortable than anything else. I rather look like myself than be in some tight clothes that I'd regret wearing within the first fifteen minutes. It also didn't help that I didn't know where the date was even going to be. Reese wouldn't tell me even though I had pestered him about it for a while. He wouldn't budge and I eventually gave up asking him, not wanting to be annoying. I hate being called annoying. Call it a pet-peeve. I never wanted to be considered annoying to anybody. I've been called annoying enough by those around me, it gets tiring to hear it over and over again. Ross while high had called me annoying for simply making sure he didn't fall down the freaking stairs and die. It would have been funny if he had and then began calling out for my help.

Looking once over the clothes I picked out I turn away from them and head towards the bathroom, deciding to clean myself before going on this date. The typical before date shower. Almost every teenage girl in the cliche books has the 'teenage girl bath' before; as if it really changed anything. In my mind, if the guy met her at school, then he'd have met her while she stank with school smells unless she magically never had to deal with body odor and if so, count me in. I wish I didn't have to worry about body odor, but being a teenager, that wish was unrealistic. Not showering would be a great thing to not worry about. No sweaty after class gym smells. I would love for that, the way authors write their books, to be a reality. To bad this isn't a book.

While walking to the bathroom, I stripped while heading there. I've seen this in a movie, can't remember which one. I thought it looked all high and mighty so I guess I can kind of laugh about it. I did feel high and mighty though won't lie about that. It made me feel like a prince. Like a proper spoilt prince. I liked to think that being a prince, through would be a dream, has to be kind of stressful. Can you imagine being pampered all the time and then told to do something that would put your entire countries well being underneath your decision? I don't think I want to be a prince with all that stress.

Turning the hot water on, I allowed the water heat up before allowing my entire body to be drowned in the warmth, a sigh of pleasure escaping me as I stood in the raining down water before peaking on eye open to figure out where I place my shampoo grabbing the bottle and running the honey smelling fluid through my hair. After I washed all the shampoo from my hair I grab my conditioner to make sure my hair was smooth. Rubbing my entire body with soap I make sure I am completely clean, I get out of the shower, rest assured that I was completely clean. The bathroom turned into most amazon while I was in the shower. There was so much steam in the bathroom. I loved it when the bathroom mirror got fogged up because I could then doodle on the mirror and no one would be able to tell until the person who took the shower next, because the doodle will slightly reappear for the next few times.