This Is Normal?!

Author's Note:
Hello readers! If you are liking my story so far, then please nominate this book under the fantasy genre of "The Undiscovered Fiction Rewards, 2019". I would really appreciate your support!
---------------------------------------------------------

"So, if you are not a human, what are you doing here?" I asked Jackson. We had been travelling for about twenty minutes and we were nowhere near our destination. I had already called Jayden and told him that I was skipping school today, so that he doesn't bother about picking me up for school.

"Well...I am not going to stay for long here." Jackson answered my question. I looked at him with confusion. "You know, I have never been with humans before. I just wanted to see their lifestyle and maybe make a few human friends. But unfortunately, the only friend I made was you -- who is definitely not a human." He explained with an eye roll at the end.

"Ok. Stop saying that I am not a human. Its creepy, okay?" I exclaimed.
He simply chuckled at me. "So anyways, I would have gone back in three or four months." He said.

"Wait, what?" I asked with my eyes narrowed at him.

He glanced at me with knitted eyebrows and said, "Yea. I only came to visit the human world."

"So if you hadn't seen my tatoo-" I started saying when Jackson decided to interrupt me, "Mark."

"What?"

"Mark! Not a tatoo." Then he muttered, "Tattoo is different."

"Whatever! So if you hadn't seen my mark, you would have vanished from our school in four months? Just like that?" I yelled while emphasising on the word 'mark'.

"Stop yelling, jeez! Yes, I would have vanished from your school. Just like that. And I will still vanish from your school, even after seeing your mark." He said. I didn't say anything after that. We remained silent for a long while. I noticed that we were now in the middle of nowhere. Forest to my left. And forest to my right. Road ahead. And road behind me. No houses for miles. My fear resurfaced. I glanced at Jackson worriedly and sat upright.

He stopped the car near the edge of the forest and got out. I slowly opened the car door with trembling fingers, and stepped out as well. "Follow me. And, do not lose me or else you will be eaten by wild bears." Jackson sing-songed the second sentence. This. Did. Not. Help.

"J-Jackson..." I trailed off as I stepped into the dark trees after him. He stopped and turned around. "You sure you don't want to kill me?" I asked in a very squeaky and small voice.

He rolled his eyes and said, "If you don't want to, you don't have to. It's your wish."

"Why can't you just tell me?" I whined.

" 'Cuz then you won't believe me." He simply said. Where is my subconscious when I need her? I thought.

"Lead the way." I defeatedly agreed to him.

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

After 15 minutes or so, I lost sense of direction. I was blindly following Jackson. "So, do you think your parents know?" Jackson's voice startled me. In this quite forest, even a whisper felt like a roar.

"Well, I don't know...maybe. But I never saw a tatt-- I mean, a mark on their body." He nodded.

"Maybe you were adopted?" He suggested while raising his eyebrows. This hit a memory,