Chapter 9

Hannah's POV

I woke up peacefully. No nightmare or anything. Thank goodness.

I look to the side to find an empty bed. A pout came on my face. I slowly got out of bed to go look for my handsome mate.

I try to sniff him out, which I smell, but it was mixed with a scent I didn't recognize.

I walk down the stairs and stop when I hear Ash and someone talking.

I know I shouldn't be nosy, but I can't help it.

"So I found this dart filled with wolfsbane after Hannah went to sleep." Ash whispered.

"Well, Alpha, I believe that that is a threat to you and your mate." the other man replied.

"I don't believe that it is a threat to me. Hannah said that 'He's here for me' and I didn't want to push her." He looked down.

"Then I will do everything in my power as well as the other pack warriors to keep you and our Luna safe." the man bowed to Ashton and was getting ready to leave. Most likely to go get the other pack warriors together.

Right as he was walking out the door, something flew through the window making the glass shatter. My eyes widened. I think it's time to make myself known.

I ran down the stairs and Ash's eyes snapped to me. He growled and ran to me and pulled me behind him.

The man that was with Ashton quickly turned around and walked to the window. He held up a rock with a note attached to it. He handed it to Ash carefully.

Ash was shaking with anger. I wrapped my arms around him from behind and I felt him physically relax, but he was still tense.

He slowly opened the note slowly.

It read:

You better enjoy that pretty little mate of yours. I'm soon taking her for myself. I'll be back in a week to take what is mine.

See you soon.

Ashton let out a huge growl. He turned me around and smashed his lips to mine.

"You are MINE! You will not leave my side until this threat is gone. Do you understand me?" he looked me straight in the eyes.

I nod and then look down. He honestly scared me.

He pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head.

"I'm sorry. I just need you safe baby." he whispered.

I felt a wet spot on my head. I looked up to him. He had tears running down his face.

I cup his face and wipe his tears away with my thumb.

"I understand babe. I don't plan on leaving your side ever again." I looked into his eyes.

"I love you, Hannah." he kissed me with passion.

I pulled back, "I love you, too, Ash."

<><><><><><><><><><><>

There! I told y'all! there's your update! I'm camping this weekend so I won't be about to update! next week sometime, okay? okay.

Vote and Comment! love y'all!

-Hannah