XXV

January 4th , 2019

Someone else knocked on the door . " Natalie ? It's David . "

" D-D-David ? " Beatrice whispered .

" Give me a minute ! " Natalie shouted , standing up and signaling for Grayson and Beatrice to hide .

Beatrice quickly grabbed Grayson's hand and pulled him into her room . Beatrice shut the door behind her and locked it .

Beatrice leaned against the door . Beatrice began to have trouble breathing . " Hey , hey , hey . " Grayson whispered , cupping her chin .

" Look at me . " He whispered into Beatrice's ear , looking into her eyes . Beatrice looked right back at him . Her breathing slowed down .

From Beatrice's room , they could hear the front door open and close .

" David , what happened ? And when did you grow ... a beard ? " Natalie's voice was heard faintly . " I-I don't know . It just happened . " David's raspy voice said .

He coughed a couple of times before speaking again .

" Are you okay ? " Scotty asked . Footsteps were shuffling around and indistinct conversations were going on .

The footsteps were getting closer and closer . Suddenly , there was a thud against the door , which caused Beatrice to jump away from the door . Grayson wrapped his arms around her , hugging her from behind .

" W-Where is she ? " David's voice cracked . Beatrice stared at the door , holding onto Grayson's arms .

" Who ? " Natalie asked .

" Liza . "

' Liza ?!? Are you kidding ?! ' Beatrice thought to herself . Beatrice was about to run towards the door but Grayson held onto her .

" What do you mean Liza ? " Scotty started to get defensive .

" Liza . " David said , again , as if Beatrice never existed .

Beatrice broke out of Grayson's grasp and unlocked the door . The door flew open and David fell backwards . His eyes widened when he looked up and saw Beatrice .

" You're kidding , right ? " She was choking on her tears . " You're looking for Liza , but not for me ?! "

" Beatrice .. " David whispered , immediately rising to his feet .

" What is wrong with you ? " Beatrice said , only yelling louder . David was shocked to see Beatrice , and even more shocked to see Grayson standing behind her .

" Beatrice , I — " David took a step towards her , trying to touch her arm .

" Don't touch me ! " She slapped his hand . Beatrice felt the goosebumps that had appeared on her arm .

David looked at Beatrice , the same way he did before Grayson almost beat the shit out of him .

" I can't believe you . " Beatrice looked at him in disgust . " Beatrice, listen — "

" I think you should leave . " Grayson stepped in front of Beatrice, crossing his arms and glaring at David .

David turned around to look at Natalie and Scotty , as if he was waiting for them to defend him . Natalie and Scotty pretended not to notice as they looked around the room , whistling .

" Fine . " He mumbled .

" But for the record , I am sorry . And I know you won't listen to me now , but hopefully someday you will . " David looked at Beatrice , hoping that should would someday . He walked out and closed the door behind him .

Beatrice sat down on the ground . Grayson , Natalie , and Scotty all sat around her , attempting to comfort her .

Beatrice glanced down at the silver Cartier love bracelet that David gave to her for Christmas . " D-Do we have a screwdriver somewhere ? " Beatrice looked up at Natalie with her red , puffy eyes .

Natalie set her phone down and nodded , walking towards the kitchen . She returned with a small screwdriver and helped Beatrice remove the love bracelet .

" I have to take off , I have a show in San Francisco soon . " Scotty peered up from his phone . " I'll be back soon though , I promise . " He smiled , trying to make Beatrice feel better .

" Bye . " Natalie and Beatrice said , after Scotty walked out and shut the door behind him .
__________________
rip lol stay tuned :)