"I don't want to intrude," Steve told her, laying down. Natasha rolled her eyes and pulled the blankets on her bed up to his chest where bandages wrapped his torso under his shirt.

"Just shut up and accept it, Rogers," she replied with a small smile. Steve smiled back and nodded. "I'm going to go find something to eat."

"Alright," Steve said, watching her leave.

Natasha returned twenty minutes later with two plates of steaming pasta and garlic bread. She pushed open her bedroom door, expecting to see Steve reading or watching TV, only to find him asleep. She smiled and set his plate of pasta on her nightstand. She carefully crawled onto the bed beside him, being careful not to shift him too much, and ate her pasta beside him silently.

Halfway through her meal, Steve shifted so one of his arms was wrapped loosely around her waist. She froze, waiting for his eyes to open or him to start seizing, but he stayed soundly asleep. She smiled to herself and dropped a hand down to his head, gently running her fingers through his hair and eating the rest of her pasta with one hand.

3.

Steve was beginning to think he had a problem. Not only had Natasha started coming to his floor every Wednesday night at precisely 8:32PM for a late dinner and movie night, this was the third time he'd found himself distracted by her. Leonardo DiCaprio was in the middle of jumping off a bridge—something about falling being the only way to wake up from the dream-like thing he's in—but all he could think about was how Natasha was pressed against his side like it was her favourite place to be and how her long lashes moved every time she blinked. It didn't appear that she had noticed his staring, but he wouldn't count on it.

"You're missing the movie," she told him quietly, elbowing his side without nearly as much strength as he knew she had.  He'd been discovered, but he didn't necessarily feel embarrassed.

"Sorry," he said, turning back to the TV.

He managed to stay focused on the movie until it became too intense near the end as DiCaprio tried to fight his way out of limbo. He turned back to look at Natasha, only to discover she was slumped against his side and fast asleep.

Frowning, Steve shifted to get a better look at her. She was completely out and didn't so much as flinch with his movement. He knew her last mission had been intense, but he didn't realise quite how tired she was after she'd gotten back around noon.

"Tasha?" he whispered.

She didn't move.  Steve smiled to himself and kissed the top of her head, begging her to be asleep.  She shifted closer to him and he froze for a moment. Once he realised the movement was unconscious, he relaxed again and finished watching the movie.

He decides he doesn't like the ending, but he likes the feeling of Natasha against him and refuses to move. He ends up falling asleep on the couch with her leaning on him and her breath lightly fanning over his shoulder as she sleeps. He'd watch the horribly infuriating movie again if it meant she'd fall asleep on him again.

4.

Natasha woke up shaking and to her throat burning. She didn't dare make a sound as she laid perfectly still in her bed, terrified that any movement would summon the horrors of her dream into her room.

After a while, she climbed out of bed and darted towards the elevator without breathing. She wrapped her arms around herself tightly as she stood in the elevator, waiting for the doors to open so she could find who she was looking for.

When she finally came face-to-face with his door, she hesitated for only a breath before pushing the door open and stepping inside. She was still struggling to fight back tears and her body hadn't stopped shaking since she woke up, but that didn't stop her from slowly walking towards the edge of the bed and staring down at Steve's sleeping figure. He woke up almost as soon as she stopped beside his bed and his eyes shot open as if he could sense someone watching him.