Chapter 13- Finding Barron

Y/N's POV

"Alex is right, and we better go wait for them at the loop entrance. You all be careful, we don't know where Barron is," I say.

Hugh, Enoch, Alex and I start making our way towards the loop entrance, moving at a relatively fast pace.

Let's just hope we can get to Jacob and Emma before that hollowgast does.

Enoch's POV

While walking to the loop entrance, I can't help thinking about this.  What if Y/N does have to go back to the present?  What would happen with us?  I can't go with her, I'd age forward and die.  I go next to her and I grab her hand.  She looks at me and smiles.

Once we get to the loop entrance, we sit down.

"Well, they aren't here yet," Alex says, stating the obvious.

"What if the hollow got to them?  What do we do then?" Y/N asks, her grip on my hand tightening.

"Let's not jump to conclusions.  They're probably fine, and even if they aren't we don't need them," I say.

"What do you mean, we don't need them?  Jacob is the only one who can see the hollows!" Hugh protests.

I roll my eyes, everyone is so dependent on Jacob.  'Will Jake save us?' 'When will Jacob be here?' and I'm sick of it.

After a couple of moments, I hear sound coming from the loop entrance.  We can hear the distinctly annoying sound of Emma's shoes clanking on the ground.  Before any of us can say anything, Alex goes running into the cave.

I follow, along with everyone else.  I guess they did make it after all.  I see Alex wrap her arms around Jake and Emma.

"You're alive!" she cried.

Jake looks at me, and I feel obligated to say something.

"I'm sorry I called you a traitor.  I'm glad you're not dead," is the best I come up with.

"Me too," he replied.

"Well, are you all in one piece?" Hugh asked them.

"Two arms and two legs." Jacob replied.

"What about the hollow?  What happened to it?" Y/N asks them.

"You won't have to worry about the hollow anymore.  We killed it." he explained.

How did Portman kill a hollow?  Oh well, at least it is dead and we are all safe.

"Oh, stuff the modesty!  You killed it!" Emma exclaimed, pride in her voice.

"That's brilliant," Hugh said.

None of us seemed to have the ability to smile.  Eventually, they noticed that we weren't as happy as we should of been.

"What's the matter?" Jacob asked.  "Wait.  Why aren't you guys at the house?  Where's Miss Peregrine?"

"She's gone," Alex said quietly.  "Miss Avocet, too.  He took them."

"Oh no," Emma said.

Hugh explained the story, the same one Y/N, Bronwyn, and I heard.  As he explained it, Y/N kept walking closer to me.  I was holding her hand, but she was close enough for me to put my arm around her.  I removed my hand from hers and wrapped my arm around her.

She looked up and me and smiled slightly.  I pull her closer to my side and I kiss her forehead.  As long as she's with me, I'll try my best to keep her safe.