VI. FOR SIRIUS' SAKE

Start from the beginning

"Molly, you're not the only person at this table who cares about Harry," he said sharply. He turned to Sirius and Antares. "Both of you, sit down."

Antares dropped his head, putting most of his weight on the table before sitting down and crossing his arms. Sirius mirrored him, his face still full of rage. Mrs. Weasley didn't look any better. Her face was still a bright scarlet red, and her fists remained clenched on her hips. Antares glared at her, fully prepared for more fire to spew from her mouth. To his surprise, she did neither of those things.

"I — oh, all right then, Fred and George can stay, but Ron —"

"Harry'll tell me and Hermione everything you say anyway!" Ron bitterly informed.

"Fine!" Mrs. Weasley reluctantly agreed. "Fine! Ginny — BED!"

In true Ginny fashion, she went about as quietly as a rampaging erumpent, waking Walburga's portrait once more. Lupin sighed, then rose to calm the painting before returning tiredly.

"You see," Lupin started. "With the Ministry using the Daily Prophet to slander Dumbledore at every turn, most of the Wizarding community is completely unaware anything's happened."

"But you're telling people, aren't you?" Harry asked.

The members of the Order exchanged humourless chuckles.

"Potter," Antares mused. "Look around the room. What do you see?"

Harry looked confused but looked at everyone nonetheless.

"I'm not sure I follow," he said.

"Well, everyone thinks I'm a mad mass murderer," said Sirius with a glum tone.

"And I'm not a very popular dinner guest with most of the community," Lupin chimed. "It's an occupational hazard of being a werewolf."

"Not to mention Tonks and Arthur would lose their jobs at the Ministry if they started shooting their mouths off," Sirius added.

Harry appeared to be getting more desperate. There had to be more they could do. "But if Voldemort's trying to recruit more Death Eaters, it's bound to get out that he's come back, isn't it?"

"Just because Voldemort lost the element of surprise," said Antares. "Doesn't mean he'd resort to knocking door-to-door."

"You have ties to pureblood society," Moody accused. "What do they say?"

Antares grimaced.

"There have been whispers among the old Slytherin families," he revealed. "The Warrington's, Greengrass' and Pucey's have all declared neutrality. The rest have secretly sworn for Voldemort."

Antares visibly hesitated.

"What?" asked Sirius.

"With so few Death Eaters left," the boy sighed. "There have been whispers that Voldemort may start recruiting from within Hogwarts."

"Like Malfoy," Harry exclaimed.

"Harry, you don't know that," Hermione scolded.

"Isn't it obvious?" said Ron. "We've all met him. He talks like a Death Eater already."

"I'll have to agree with Hermione," Lupin jumped in. "Even if he does come from a dark family, you have no real proof."

Antares pushed his hair back, his face stern and scrunched in thought.

"I won't deny the possibility of it happening," he spoke. "But there are many purebloods, Slytherin or not, that would do anything to keep their children away from this mess. If we're speaking about Draco specifically, then Narcissa is one of them. It's Lucius we need to be wary of."