10

She looked at Jing, filled with worry

She looked at Jing, filled with worry. Xia knew this was going to be something bad. From the change of her voice. And Jing's sad expression. 

"I've decided, to give up my position as the heir of Tengtang Investment Group. To join Lawyers Without Borders." She said sadly. Looking directly at Lei.

"I want to help the poor." Jing continued. And tried to be as calm as possible. "Jing! What are you blabbering about?" Her father said very madly.

"Dad, Mom"

"I'm very sorry. Please forgive me for my stubbornness. Pretend you married off your daughter."  Said Jing looking at both of her parents.

"I'm going back to Paris in a few days. I have no immediate plans to come back," Her eyes started to tear up a little bit. Lei started to tear up as well. Xia looked at him. Then back at Jing. Xia didn't want her to leave.

"All this while, Thanks to my family. I've led a blessed and comfortable life." She started again.

"But I know, Living a comfortable life without a real purpose... Is not what I want." 

"From now on, I no longer need these beautiful clothes needing delicate care... I want to be myself." She stopped. And put away the microphone. Getting a pair of some scissors. Then slowly cutting her hair. While looking at Lei.

Xia gasped. And looked at her in deep worry and confusion, and sadness. Lei left.  And Jing looked at where he was standing. "Lei!" She exclaimed running after him. Shancai ran after him. Xia ran after Shancai, Jing, and Lei. 

Xia shushed Shancai as they went to hid in a corner.

"Lei!" Exclaimed Jing. 

Jing folded her hands and looked down on the floor. Lei 's tears came down his cheeks. He didn't turn around for a moment. But slowly did. Jing walked towards Lei. Then stopped.

"I'm sorry." She replied. Her eyes were red. And teary. "I know what you wanted to tell me." She continued, looking down at the floor. 

"I cannot say yes." 

She gave him a hug. But Lei didn't hug him back. He just stood there. Frozen. As tears rolled down his cheeks. Shancai and Xia both started to tear up too. 

Both Shancai and Xia went back. Talking about Jing and Lei. Xia could tell she was really sad. Shancai went away. And Xia lost her. She sighed and tried to make her way out of the building. But went to hear the conversation Daoming Si was having with someone. 

"You only need to say a few words in support of the partnership between your mother and my company... I'd be deeply grateful." A man said to Si.

"I'm sorry. I never paid much attention to my mom's business. I can't add much." Replied Si.

"All you need to do is put in a few good words. I'll be happy to oblige any request you have." The man sighed. Nodding at him eagerly. 

"If you insist that I say something, I guess you need to wait until I take over... Not to mention, Until your company could survive until then." Said Daoming Si.

"If you won't help, fine. Damn you." The man replied angerly. Then walked away from him. Si chuckled as he watched him leave.

Then turned to leave. But spotted Xia.She looked a bit shocked. "Hey! Why were you eavesdropping??" He asked her. 

"I was about to leave. But it would be rude to interrupt your conversation." Xia said casually. Looking at him she wiped her tears off her cheeks. "And. Were you crying?" He questioned. 

'What do you think." She replied looking down on the floor. "I can't believe Jing is leaving. When she just came back. I'm happy for her but-"

Daoming Si came closer to her. Xia took a step back and stopped when she reached a wall. She looked shocked. "What are you doing?" She then asked. Daoming Si just smiled then moved away. "Nothing of course. Now if you want to leave. Let me take you." 

Both of them exited the building. Not saying anything. Si drove her to her house and sighed. "Your friend should be more careful." 

Xia looked at him in confusion. "Who? Which friend?" Si took a deep breath. "The girl with the bangs and short hair."

"Shancai? What happened to her??" Xia questioned him. Si rolled his eyes. Then stopped the car because they were at Xia's house. "Gosh, you ask too many questions!" 

She made a face at him. "Just tell me." Si looked at her then at her house. "She got drunk. No worries, her friends took Shancai to her place." 

Xia nodded, then thanking him, before getting out of the car. "See you tomorrow." 

Before she can close the car door, Si grabbed her wrist. Making her turn around, and looking at Si in disbelief. "What?" She questioned him. Daoming Si looked at her. Before bringing her closer to him. "Good night." He grinned. Then giving her a kiss on her forehead. Which made Xia blush.

Si chuckled, as she ran to her door. Then opening it quickly. She gasped as she closed the front door. Her heart as beating fast now. Xia smiled to herself, then her phone rang. She accepted the call. 

"Hello?" Xia said calmly.

"Ah Xia! This is urgent. I know your studying but people are starting to get concerned and worried. I don't want them to get angry. You know how that will turn out." Replied her agent Chin Bao. 

"Alright, What is going to happen now?" Xia said a bit worriedly.

"We want you to come to Japan. For a concert."