"Dray?" I ask, my voice being hoarse.

"Yeah?" he asks softly.

"I love you."

It stays silent for a little while. Not an uncomfortable one though. His grip on me tightens and I know it's good. I know that it's going to be okay.

"I love you too, so much", he whispers.

We sit there for quite a while, until my muscles start feeling sore and I start to get cold because of the hard, stone floor we're sitting on.

"Come on", Draco says and pulls me towards the edge of the Tower. He sits against the wall and pulls me into his lap so I'm able to look outside. I rest my head on his chest again and breath in the scent of his cologne, mixed with pine tree and toothpaste.

I wrap my arms around his waist and snuggle in the crook of his neck.

"Getting comfortable?" he asks smiling and I mumble something inaudible in the fabric of his shirt.

He strokes my hair and looks outside. I know he's waiting until I'm ready to talk and honestly, he really deserves an explanation after what happened just now.

"She died exactly two years ago", I say as I watch the owls in the distance, coming from or returning to the Owlery.

"My mum", say. "The 15th of May 1994."

"What happened?" he asks carefully.

"Cancer happened", I say. "Nothing helped. We tried all doctors, even magical potions and spells. We couldn't even slow down the process", I say. "It all happened so quickly. All of the sudden she was gone."

There are no tears left in me to cry, but I also don't feel as sad anymore. I feel relieved now everything is out.

"What was she like?" Draco asks and I instantly smile.

"She was incredible. She didn't need magic to do extraordinary things", I say. "She could tackle the world on her own. She was bubbly, creative, extremely kind and smart. Intelligent in books, but also intelligent in people. She could figure everyone out."

"She sounds quite a lot like you", Draco says, which warms my heart. It's the biggest compliment that anyone could ever give me.

"They say I look like her. I'm glad I do", I say.

"Was she American?" he asks and I nod.

"My dad met her on a business trip. He works for the ministry. He used to work at the department of Magical Creatures when he was young and had to go to America to catch a Demiguise in New Jersey. He always had his Niffler with him. His name was Benjamin. He took the little troublemaker everywhere. Whilst grabbing a coffee in a nearby park, Benjamin escaped and started stealing the anklet of a woman running by. They both noticed, my dad trying to catch the Niffler, the woman freaking out when seeing the odd creature at her foot. They bumped into each other and to my dad's surprise, the woman was totally fascinated by little Benjamin. So my dad told her all about him over lunch, knowing that he had to Obliviate her later on. But he never did and three years later, they had me."

"Well, now I know where you have your talent for Magical Creatures from", he says and I smile half-heartedly.

"He doesn't work there anymore, though. He now has this stupid administrative job for Magical Law Enforcement. No more Magical Beasts, no more fun really", I say.

"And Benjamin?" he asks and the smile disappears completely.

"Sold him when we moved here. He said we wouldn't be able to get through customs, but I know that is bullshit. He just reminded him too much of her."

Draco sighs, placing another kiss on my head.

"And how are you and your dad now?" he asks and I shrug.

"I can barely call him my dad. He never wrote me this year, he's always at work, always angry. He used to be the best dad ever, always cheerful and loving. But when mum died, she took him with her." I say and saying it makes me really sad. I miss him, I miss how it used to be.

"I'm sorry", he says and I shrug. "I'll manage. What about your parents?" I ask and he snorts.

"Not the best either. I was raised very strictly. Raised to believe that winning is the only way, that blood status is the most important thing in life and that money can get you anywhere. I never had to work for something, it was always handed to me on a silver plate", he says. "It sounds not bad, but I feel like they created me and I never had to chance to discover who I am."

That's maybe even sadder than my story. Not being able to choose who you are. How awful the past two years might have been, my childhood was great. I experienced love, friendship, freedom and I discovered so much on my own.

"I feel like you are doing that now", I say. "You've changed since I first met you. You have so much more to give."

"All thanks to you, you're the first thing I've ever had to fight for. And I'm glad I did", he says and sighs. His eyes immediately turn sad again.

"What's wrong?" I ask and he looks down at me.

"I'm just afraid. They have so much control over me. They can manipulate me and have so many things to threaten me with. I'm afraid that they'll find a way to ruin this and I don't want that."

I move one leg to the other side of his legs so I face him.

"Knowing that is good enough for me. We'll see what happens", I say and kiss him slowly. He leans in and cups my cheek. As we break apart I rest my forehead on his.

"I love you and I always will", he whispers.

"Always."