9

"CAN YOU PLEASE LEAVE IT ALONE?" Rebecca pleaded to her sisters who were critiquing her clothes for the Third and Final Task. Lorna placed her green metal headband on the crown of her head.

"I will stop when you look like a decent human being." Esme answered. Rebecca scoffed looking at the floor. Esme tied Rebecca's hair into a ponytail. Lorna brushed out her green hair as Esme dragged a hairbrush through her own.

Ron entered the tent with two milkshakes in his hands. "One for Lorna from Harry. Mint chocolate chip, I think and one for Rebecca from me and Hermione." Rebecca raised an eyebrow and took the drink from him.

"You didn't have to do that." Rebecca sent him a small smile.

"I got cherry. I know it's your favorite." Ron said. Rebecca took a sip of the milkshake.

"Not bad." She hummed. Lorna took a sip of hers and sighed.

"Damn good." She joked. Esme rolled her eyes and led Lorna away from their sister and Ron.

"You like it?" She nodded. "It cost me two knuts."

"Dude. You can skip the sales pitch. You had me at milkshake." She smiled at him. She cleared her throat and stepped away from him.

"What is it?" Ron asked.

"Ron, we can't be together. We're too different, you and I." She turned to face him. "I have feelings for you, I just can't do this right now. I can't do this ever." She paused. "If he gets to me, to us, he'll want us to join him. He expect that we will and we'll have to. I can't have you getting hurt in the process of this war."

"Rebecca..." Ron began.

"No! Ron, this is goodbye." She leaned up to press a kiss to his cheek.

"So, this is goodbye, then."

"Yes. I'm sorry Ronald. I don't want to hurt you." He turned to leave. "Wait, Ron! Thank you for the milkshake." He nodded looking at her one last time before leaving.
***
The three sisters quickly stepped to the Third Task which was a maze. Lorna ignored yet another one of Dumbledore's speeches. See heard that since she and Cedric were tied for first she would go in at the same time as him. Esme and Harry would follow with Krum, Fluer, and Rebecca.

Lorna stepped up to the greenery, heart pounding. She watched as Amos Diggory embraced his son, wishing him good luck. Lorna breathed deeply as she stepped into the maze carefully avoiding stray branches and logs.

The maze closed in around her leaving her terrified. She walked calmly around the maze wand outstretched. She heard a girl scream. "Esme! Rebecca! Fluer!" She shouted out.

She ran towards the screams of terror. The screaming stopped. Across the maze, Fluer had been stunned by Krum and been strangled by the maze's walls. Harry had found her and cast up red sparks with his wand. The sparks burst and down below the remaining Champions watched. Rebecca and Esme were working together to find Lorna. They ran into a running figure. The three teenagers collapsed on impact.

Cedric Diggory got up and quickly helped Esme and Rebecca up. "C'mon. We need to find Lorna." Cedric nodded at Esme's words and took off towards where Esme had pinpointed where Lorna was. They eventually found her with Harry. Krum approached and attempted to stun Cedric. Cedric blocked the spell and stunned Krum instead. He quickly kicked Krum's wand away from his hand. Lorna cast up red sparks.

Rebecca sprinted towards a glowing object. The Triwizard Cup. Lorna and Cedric lurched forward as well and Harry trailed behind. Esme walked calmly towards the Cup. Cedric was taken down by some tree roots taking Lorna and Rebecca down with him leaving Harry to claim the Cup. Cedric screamed out for Harry as Lorna slowly got to her feet. Esme neared them and helped Rebecca up. "Reducto!" Esme shouted.

The tree roots withered away from Cedric. Harry and Esme tore the roots away from Cedric. Esme helped him up. "For a minute there I thought you were gonna let it get me." Cedric said.

"For a minute so did I." Harry replied. Wind came blowing at them rapidly and the maze began to close in on them.

"Oh, c'mon!" Rebecca complained.

"Go!" Cedric yelled at the four other teens. The five sprinted towards the Cup. "You saved me. Take it!" He told Harry.

"Like hell you wi-" Esme covered Rebecca's mouth.

"Together." Lorna compromised, looking to Harry who nodded.

"On three." Esme instructed.

"One, two, three!" All five teens grabbed the Cup. Surprise, surprise, the Cup was a freaking Portkey.