•twenty-two•

a/n: y'all i didn't know i was #2 under prettymuch sksksks

Edwin wakes up, a bit confused yet also aware of what's going on. He swings his legs off of the couch, but his foot hits something— or someone.

"Ow, hey." She whined, turning as far as she could to get a glimpse of him.

The tv was on low, playing some family guy episode that looked familiar. It wasn't audible, hence the captions on screen.

"You could've turned up the volume, you wouldn't have woken me." He said, scratching his head of hair.  "What time?"

"About 2 am. I couldn't sleep right." She sits up, turning around to face him.

He didn't believe it.

After Edwin had put her in his bed, she couldn't actually sleep. It's not that he woke her up, it's just that her mind began turning and thinking about Zion. Nonstop. It was annoying, and she was doing anything to get him off her mind. He didn't care.

"Okay. If you're hungry there's snacks somewhere. I can't remember," He mumbled.

Amari giggled. "Don't you live here?"

"I do." He says, smirking at her.

There was a awkward moment of silence between the two; though Amari's mind created a burning question.

"Hey Ed?"

"Yea?" His eyelids shut, still facing her.

"Why can't I move in with you? Tiffany doesn't live here anymore and you have a spare room."

Edwin's lids fly open, looking at her bit alert. "Why would you want to?"

She was getting a bit confused. "Would it be a problem if I considered?"

"Sort of," His voice pitched up.

Amari plopped onto the couch beside him, now staring at him in the eyes. She wasn't trying to intimidate him, she was just trying to understand something she doesn't know. "Go on."

"She still lives here. And—"

"The fuck?! Didn't you break up with her?" Her voice raised in disbelief.

He shushes her, his hands motioning for her to lower her volume. This only makes her get louder. "Is she here right now?"

"No, I'm just telling you to quiet down cause you got loud as hell. Look," He says, pretending to clean out his ear with his finger. "I wasn't going to just kick her out even though I wanted to. She wouldn't have anywhere to go."

She sighs. "Are you making her pay rent?"

"That's none of your business."

"Oh my God, Edwin." She facepalmed herself. "Why couldn't you just give her money then let her go? You're too nice. She cheated on you,"

He sucked his teeth. This was something he did not want to get into. He knows what she did but he still loves her. It's hard for him to get over her.

"Okay. I know. And I'm not going to make you understand because just talking about it stresses me out." He finally combust with frustration.

Amari's expression soften, looking at her best friend. "Sorry."

"It's fine. I'll talk about later. But now let me ask you something." He leans forward towards her. "Are you awake because you've been thinking about him?"

She rolled her eyes. "Of course. It's so damn annoying. My mind is wasting its ability to think about someone else who could care less."

~*

Zion drives down the driveway, turning down his bright beam. Just because he's panicking doesn't mean he can't be considerate towards people in dark houses.

He doesn't even realize what time it is. He hasn't checked his phone since he left the apartment. All he knows is that it's dark and late.

He parks the car and hops out, taking a stroll to the front door of the house. He knocks softly, but after a while realizes there's a doorbell he can ring. So he does that instead.

He stood there for about a minute before someone answered the door.

"Yo, you okay?" Nick asks in concern, peaking only his head through the door.

"Yea I just came to look for someone." He states.

"Bro, you know what time it is? Why did you drive all the way down here? You could've just texted me. Who you looking for? Austin? He's at some party," He looks up, trying to remember. 

"Nah. Amari," Zion sort of mumbles. "Have you seen her?"

"Amari? I haven't spoken to her since the haunted house. Is she okay?"

"She just left without telling me and I don't know where she went or when she's coming back." He kind of stared off into space, as the worst scenarios popped into his head.

Nick shook his head. "What happened?"

"Long story," He looks around. "So you haven't seen her?"

"Nope, sorry. I think you should get some rest. It's 2 am dude," He looks at his phone briefly.

"It'll be like 3 am by the time I get home." The dread headed boy whined to himself, rubbing his temples.

Nick rolled his eyes. He knew he really didn't want to but he honestly didn't want his friend driving on the road this late, being a bit delusional and all. "Come in."

"Huh?"

"You heard me," He opened his door completely.

Zion stood there, a bit lost. "No, the hell? I'll drive home."

He shook his head. "Nah. I don't know if you're drunk or high and I'm not trying to see you on the news, get the fuck inside." He says a bit more aggressively.

The taller boy brushed passed him, walking inside. "I'm just tired."

"Yea okay. Still not taking chances," He closed the front door. He went into the closet beside it, pulling out a blanket and a pillow. "Here. Get some rest."

He took the blanket and pillow and headed for the couch. He threw the pillow down before jumping on the couch. He threw the blanket over him and in a matter of three minutes he was out like a light.

~*~*~*~*~