•fifteen•

DOUBLE**

"Hey, where are you headed?" His voice echoes throughout the room. He stands back straight on his feet and began to walk towards Amari, who was startled by his presence.

Her eyes widen like a deer in headlights as she stopped in her tracks. She made herself look suspicious by hesitating to answer his simple question. "Huh? Um, just to Edwin's." She bit her lip.

For some reason, he made her feel like at this moment, she was doing something wrong. Like she was sneaking out knowing she wasn't supposed to. Well, she was sneaking out but it wasn't exactly wrong. Amari did this all the time. But the way he asked as if she were in trouble made her anxious.

"Why," His eyes drifted from her startled ones to a window in the apartment. Then back at her. "It's dark." He informed, popping another piece of whatever he was eating into his mouth.

"I just want to hang with him for a little bit." She shrugged.

Zion's eyes glared at her. "I can just drop you there if you want. I don't have a problem you know," He says, confused as to why she didn't ask him.

Though she's confused in general why he's being so calm with her suddenly after leaving her in the dust as he did. He had her thinking he was upset for some reason.

"Oh. Uh, alright." She replies, scratching her head. There was some type of tension between them and they both felt it but were fighting it the best they could.

Especially Zion, all he wanted was her, but something in his gut told him to not go too far. He honestly didn't want to do anything that involved actually getting attached to her. It was probably too late for that anyway. His feelings were cutting deep already.

"Let me go at least put on a hoodie or something, " He says, taking one look down at himself, almost as if he were unimpressed.

He walked to his room, finding a random hoodie and some socks while he was at it too. He slid on his slides before walking out with his phone in his hand, shoving it in his hoodie pocket. He nodded his head upwards at her before he spoke again.

"If you're ready, let's go." He spoke, passing by her to open up the door, letting her go first. He followed behind her, closing the door.

*~

Amari rested her head on the window, her gaze on the dark sky. She could say something to him, but what? She didn't feel like talking to him. It's not like they actually had anything to discuss.

Zion was just questioning his motives with her. He wanted her but he knew he couldn't handle her and the responsibilities. At this point he couldn't hide it, and it was already out in the open. There wasn't anything said about his feelings but they were strong. But he was actually scared to go beyond.

He kept his focus on the road the best he could until he finally rolled into Edwin's subdivision. He slowed down the street for a moment, taking the time to glance over at her. He don't know what made her do it. Her soft features never failed to have him in awe.

She noticed the speed slowing down significantly and looked over at him, who was already looking back. Amari was more than confused, considering he's seemingly upset. She huffed, almost as if she were going to laugh. "What?"

"Nothing. I was just making sure you're okay. You seem quiet." His foot eases onto the break, looking forward at the road. He comes to a completely stop. He places the car in park. "You usually say random shit, like about a stray cat eating a hot dog," He informed.

"Well there's not much to see." She responded, pursing her lips. She turned her head, giving him a side eye, which made him fold under pressure.

"I don't know why I did what I did. All the things you've said about me I didn't want you to regret anything you were about to do so I panicked and stopped." Zion's voice was wavering out of simply being nervous. He let go a deep sigh.

What he did was probably the deepest regret of his entire life up to that moment. He got so close to being so close with her and for him to just punk out and fuck up was so unlike him. He hated it. Amari really made him act out of character.

Her expression went from unimpressed, to understanding in three seconds. She was trying to play a game that wasn't even going on.

"It's fine. We can when talk about it when I get back home," She says, before looking around in the dark car. "Now drop me off, this dude is probably going to wondering where I am."

"Why are you in such a rush?"

"I'm not."

"Then we can take our time," He says, leaning towards her. A sly smirk appeared on his face. This made her smile. Amari jokingly pushed him away.

"Seriously."

"Please." He continued to lean over the part of he car which separated them, but for no longer. She began to lean too, letting their lips brush against each other at the center. He then began to try to pull her closer, but it was impossible. She grabbed his hoodie, pulling it to try and bring him as close to her as she could.

Startling her, she felt a vibration in her pants, pulling away from the kiss and digging in her pocket to answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Mari, you good? It's like really dark." He asks.

"Mhm. I'm fine, just give me a minute and I'll be knocking on your door." She smiled.

"Okay. See you."

"Alright." She she hung up, placing her phone back in her pocket. She sat back down in her seat, then turned her head to look at Zion. "C'mon, you heard him. Let's go." He sat back, rolling his eyes. He pulled the car out of park and drove down deeper into this subdivision.  They rolled off down the street. They always get over things so quickly. Its always that simple. 

~*~*~*~*~

More stuff comin'!