Chapter 1

Jaune Arc and his friends were fighting a legion of Grimm, monsters that are attracted to negative emotions, during the Breach of Vale. Jaune growled and easily cut through several Grimm, surprising all of his friends.

"No time," Jaune said with a slight snarl. "If these guys want to play rough, then I'm going to play rough. Ruby, get your team and mine out of here. Trust me when I say that it's for the best. You are all going to hate me for what I'm about to do. Oh, and take Crocea Mors while you're at it."

"But..." Ruby said, before seeing Jaune's eyes and knowing that there wasn't anything she could say, she ran off and Jaune looked back to the Grimm that were in front of him.

"I'm getting real tired of this shit," Jaune said as his aura turned from white to a silvery-white color and he shot forwards like a bullet, before his hand was covered in his aura and formed a clawed hand and he slashed a Grimm before he jumped and vaulted backwards and shot a sphere made of stardust at them. Causing an explosion and killing a few of them. "I thought that it wouldn't have a made a difference... Guess I'm gonna have to use it."

His aura then began fluctuating as he hovered above the ground and said, "Power of the stars, flow through me so that I may fix the damage done to this area by my enemies! I sacrifice my own soul as tribute for this power!"

Jaune then turned into stardust and, with smirk on his face, all of the Grimm died while everything was bathed in a silvery-white light. When the light vanished, Jaune was nowhere to be found and the area of Vale was completely fixed.

"No," Pyrrha said as she fell to her knees and put her hand over her mouth as tears began flowing down her face. "H-he c-can't be..."

She then began to cry and she heard Cardin shout out, "Finally! That runt is dead!"

Her eyes glowing dark red, Pyrrha threw her spear towards the bully and he was speared into a wall, hanging by his jacket. Pyrrha then appeared in front of the Winchester Heir and said, with an almost growling tone, "Say that again, Winchester. I dare you. I. fucking. Dare. you!"

"Ms. Nikos, that's enough," Glynda said. "I understand that you're upset, but would Jaune want you to harm Mr. Winchester any more than he already is?"

Pyrrha glared at the Winchester with tear filled eyes, before walking away and getting a hug from Ruby as the Champion of Mistral finally broke down into tears.

Time skip

It has been 2 weeks since Jaune's death and his friends haven't been doing so well. Pyrrha's shut herself off from everyone, but her team and Team RWBY, Nora hasn't done anything violent at all and has been unusually quiet, Ren has been the same, except for the fact that he's been a bit depressed and hasn't been doing much. Meanwhile, their sister team has been extremely quite. Ruby hasn't touched her weapon at all, Yang hasn't told a single pun nor has she been doing well in combat class, Blake hasn't touched her books, and Weiss, well, has been Weiss, nuff said.

"To bad, Mr. Arc is dead," Mercury said as he, Emerald, and Cinder walked into their dorm. "I would've liked to fight him one on one."

"Why would he hide such power anyways?" Cinder asked no one. "From what I could tell, he could sacrificed himself to fix everything."

"But that means that he dies," Emerald said. "There has to another ability. He looked way to calm and I actually saw a smirk on his face as he vanished."

At that moment, a roar of an ancient beast could be heard and a symbol appeared above the entire city of Vale.