chapter eight

"SORRY IF I TALK TO MUCH"

the group headed out on their newest adventure, the small diner at the edge of town nearby where all the delinquents spend there afternoons smoking, drinking or daring eachother into doing dumb things

sam and jack walked side by side on the way there, sams vision focused on the cracked pavement below her as she and jack talked about nonsense.

"hands down scott pilgrim vs the universe is one of the best films ever produced" she stated

"never seen it." jack shrugged, making sam stop in her tracks, though allison and zach continued walking, none the wiser.

"you are kidding! right? we need to fix that immediately. the whole movie is amazing. the plot line is fantastic with the right amount of comedy and serious character development, plus the whole artistry of the film is fantastic." she rambled on

"okay, okay! i'll watch it with you, this saturday maybe?" he looked at her, both their cheeks darkening 8 shades of red.

"sounds great! sorry if i talk to much! i just get so stuck on something and then i keep going on and on and on and-" she was cut of by jack grabbing her hand, smiling at her.

"it's okay sam, i like the sound of your voice anyway." she blushed and smiled looking down on the ground, not being able to look in his eyes.

they continued to walk along almost forgetting that their hands were locked together.

almost.

when they got to the diner they walked in sitting down at a booth a piling onto the red vinyl seats.

they all watched as some poor waitress got a milkshake of some kind dumped on her by a couple of leather jacket wearing douchebags a couple booths over.

it only took a second before one of them noticed them staring, standing up and making his way towards them.

sam watched his untamable mane of curly hair, that seemed to be slicked back by some sort of gel bounce up and down with every step as he got closer.

he slammed his hands down in the table as he reached the table, smirking, it might've taken her a second but the smell of smoke and cheap cologne wafting through her nose filling her up with familiarity made her realize exactly who it was.

ashton. fucking. talon

"whatcha looking at?" he snarled and sam felt jacks hand slip around her waist gripping her tightly.

"no one wants to talk huh?" he paused "that's what i thought." he began to walk away when allison opened her mouth.

"hey dickhead maybe do us all a favor and take your fuckhead friends and go mess around somewhere else!" she yelled out cupping her hands to her mouth, projecting her voice.

"whatcha say to me, fag?" he turned around.

"i said fuck off dumbass." she flipped him off, smirking.

"oh? i'd rather just fuck pretty little samantha papers here." he smirked, winking at sam, causing jacks grip to get tighter.

"that's enough." jack spoke, glaring at ashton.

"oooOoh is new kid your boyfriend, sammi? you know i was so much better." he pouted causing sam to choke on the vanilla milkshake the waitress brought around, eyes widening.

"or have you forgotten? like you forgot to tell your friends? or your big brother?" when she thought he'd stop he kept going, "does he know about blondie?"  he paused but she kept looking down.

"he doesn't, does he? oh this is too good, it would be a shame if he found out? wouldn't it?" now his smirk was way wider then before.

after that there was dead silence, he just left and nobody had yet said anything.

"talon? really?" zach broke the silence, shocked as everyone.

"i can explain." was all sam said

"okay go on, i'd love to hear this" allison responded

"so it was a month or two ago, i was going though a phase where i wanted to act out. i started messing around and ashton happened to notice and asked me out, we only dated for a couple weeks when i realized i didn't want to continue and broke it off, i guess he's been mad ever since. i never told anyone cause i was embarrassed." she explained, feeling everyone's eyes on her but not daring to meet any of them.

"besides i met someone else i liked." she briefly met jacks eyes but looked away quickly.

"you could've told us" zach said.

"you know now, don't you?"

"we could've helped you then."

"i know but i wanted to do something on my own for once" she started, "but now we have something else to worry about. you know how tyler gets, if ashton starts spreading rumors about me and jack, tyler will never let me out of the house! you know how long it took him to except zach!" she panicked.

"it'll be okay, calm down! we will work something out." allison tried calming her.

"you're right you're right. i just don't want to never see jack outside of school, even then i might not talk to him that much."

"cmon let's go to the tire swing and work it out." allison suggested, the four of them getting up, yet jacks hand never left sams waist.

NEW CHARACTER!

wyatt oleff as ashton talon!

(you all know what he looks like and if you don't look it up but for some reason it's not uploading so sorry i'll get a gif when wattpad stops acting up)

hey guys sorry it's been so long but i'm back, thank you so much for 2k reads!

i'm super excited to start writing again and i have lots of ideas!

also kinda random but if anybody just wants to hmu for a chat, if you need to rant, or just talk about anything i'm here, just slide into my pms and i'd be down to chat!

alright

i'll see you in the next chapter <3