chapter seven.

"PEACH COLORED SHEETS"

it was a particularly rainy sunday in bloomingville and our dearest sam found herself once again on her bedroom floor looking through her closet trying to find an old pair of slippers she seems to have lost over a million times before

not long into her search she heard her bedroom door open and the sound of three teenagers shuffle their way into the room.

she looked up to see allison perched up on her window seat, zach in her egg chair by her desk and none other then jack anderson resting on her peach colored sheets.

even though she had seen him this morning through the glass of her bedroom window, there she sat, distracted, studying every aspect of the boy.

his hair was slightly gelled down from the blonde nest a full nights rest tussled up on his head this morning. his cheeks were dusted red as always and his eyes were the same were the same blue gray tint that always drew her in.

"sam" she heard allison call and snapped her head in her direction.

"huh?" she questioned, noticing everyone's eyes on her.

"we lost you for a moment there" she said as sams eyes trailed back to jack who's cheeks were beet red.

"oh sorry i was... distracted?" she mumbled her voice sounding almost questioning. "anyway what did you say?" she asked ali.

"oh i said what are you looking for?" allison stated looking into the closet, her eyes catching on a small black box on the top shelf.

"wh-" she was cut off by sam slamming her closet door.

"i was looking for my peach colored socks, the ankle high ones with the small cherries on the side." she rambled on, "but they're clearly not in there! oh i know where they are!" she bolted out of the room and the three gave each other strange looks.

"does anybody know what that was about?" zach asked, his line of vision falling on jack who was staring at his fingers, biting his lip in a nervous manner.

"no clue" he said shrugging yet his eyes remained locked on his fingers. of course he knew but was he ever going to tell anyone? no.

"i found them!" she came running into the room her socks in hand.

she sat down beside jack and began slipping on her socks followed by her black and white checkered vans.

she grabbed her day bag from beside her bed and threw it over her shoulders.

"let's go" she smiled jumping up and walking to the door. jack doing the same reaching for the door handle.

at that moment their hands met and the looked into each others eyes. butterflies twirling around through what seemed to be their whole bodies.

and something felt...

different?

well hello folks!

it's been about a million years since i last updated and i feel like i owe you a brief explanation though probably no one will read this or really care.

i've been incredible busy juggling school and my social life. i actually ended up deleting wattpad entirely for a while as i found no interest in the platform as i once did.

i've been working on myself and growing closer relationships with people around me by spending less time on my phone and connecting with the people outside of it.

i appreciate your understanding and i've given it some thought and decided this year i'd give this thing a go again as this time last year it caused me to form one of the greatest friendships i've ever had in my life.

i think that there can be a healthy balance between online presence and real world presence and i am going to strive for that this year.

and
i'll see you (hopefully soon) in the next chapter