"That doesn't explain why you're trying to half drown yourself." 

"I.. uh.. might sort of be convinced that I.. umm.. might get to see Evan again if I pass out." I told them trhuthfully. I took another deep breath and steadied myself before pulling away from Nick's embrace. 

"You know, passing out isn't going to help you get over it." Charlie replied. I shot him a death glare and looked away.

"I have my own way of dealing with things. Thank you very much." I snapped at him. Why on earth was I telling complete strangers about my loss?  

"Fine, but you should probably get back to where ever you came from."

"Yeah sure, whatever. I'll see you boys around I guess." I called over my shoulder as I made my way towards the cabin. Once Inside I slipped out of the bathing suit and into some old shorts and a loose white tank top. I stepped back outside and shifted into my wolf right in front of them. 

They both seemed to be shocked by something and I just figured it was my coat. I took of in a sprint, sparing them a glance to see their mouths hanging wide opened. I let out a howl and ran faster.

What was that about?

-------------------------------------

By the time I reached my house it was about twelve in the afternoon and everyone was at home. You'd think maybe they'd be at school considering it was a Thursday, but hey when you're an Alpha's child you can get out of just about anything.  

I shifted back behind a tree and threw on a pair of clothes that I had found. As soon as I walked through the back door, Oliver was the first person to attack me with an endless amount of questions.

"Where were you? Why didn't you call? What happened!?" He barked at me. I couldn't help but my roll my eyes at him. He of all people should know that when I leave without warning, I always go to the same place.

"I was at the cabin. I didn't call because I didn't have my phone and nothing happened!" I shouted at him. He glared at me and crossed his arms over his chest.

"No, I know something happened. Otherwise you wouldn't have gone to the cabin in the first place." I sighed. He had a point there, I never went to the cabin unless something was really bugging me. 

"It's nothing. I just had to get Evan out of my mind..." I half lied to him. I knew I'd end up telling him about Brian being my mate, but the day after I find out is a little too early for me. "So why isn't anybody at school?" 

"Oh, I understand and no one is at school because the power went out and they can't get it back on." He wrapped an arm around my shoulder. Come on, maybe playing some Xbox games with us will help ease your mind." 

He pushed me towards the living room and that's when I caught the scent. The sweet scent of what I claimed to be a pine forest after it had rained and vanilla. My wolf instantly stirred inside me and pushed me towards the door, but I just couldn't face him now.

"No, I'm fine... I-uhmm, I have some homework to finish." I told him before taking off to stairs. I climbed into my room and sat down on the bed. 

Geesh! Looks like I won't ever be able to get away from him now...

Brian Thomas's P.O.V.

That night after the party I went home feeling exhausted and confused. I had spent most of the night thinking about Hazel and nothing else.. That moment in the room I had no idea what I was doing or what I would've done if she actually let me kiss her.  For a minute I thought she was actually going to cave in and kiss me, but instead she pushed me away.

Ah, screw it. I probably confused her when I told her I didn't want anyone to know but then ended up almost kissing her. To tell the truth in the first place I didn't want anyone to know because I knew that her brothers would probably beat me up for touching their sister. 

But if I made her happy, they wouldn't hurt me? Right. So now they only thing standing in the way of me having my mate was some other wolf that she still loved. The thought of her loving another man then me made my blood boil and my wolf would kill him, if he was still alive but she made it seem like he was dead. I guess it's understandable... but don't get me wrong when I say Hazel is mine and I will have her in the end. 

"Gotcha!" Jared exclaimed as he killed Michael with a headshot. Alden, Jared, and Michael were all sitting down on the floor in front of the t.v. with controllers in their hands while I sat on the couch. 

It bugged me that I was in the same house as Hazel, but I wasn't her to see her. I guess somewhere deep inside I knew that they only reason I had come was the possible chance to run into her. I mean, it's her house right, so why shouldn't she be here? 

I sighed as Oliver pushed through the door to the living and Hazel's voice filled my ears.

 "No, I'm fine... I-uhmm, I have some homework to finish." She called out to her brother before I heard her feet pound up the steps. I guess I'll just have to wait to see her later.....